Totally agree - poor turnout and no atmosphere - nothing like it used to be - i hadnt been for 3 yrs and wont be rushing there again - the lurchers were a joke - too many non workers - cotton buds and baby wipes everywhere - one well known SHOWMAN even gave his dog a herbal tonic to stop her stressing in the ring ! People skipping round the ring like something off Dancing on Ice !! More importantly they are filling the lurcher world with genes from non working show dogs - lets put the money into the small Hunt shows and stop filling the pockets of promoters - £ 3.50 for a bacon roll - £1.50 for a tea !!!

I saw someone give a 'herbal tonic' to a dog at chatsworth this year, couldnt believe what i saw really. Has showing got so important to some people that they have to drug their dogs to go well in the ring? Does a rosette mean so much. I thought that the lurcher world was above all that sort of thing? Or is it because you can charge silly money for your pups if the parents have done well in the show ring? Soon we will have 2 strains of lurchers, those who chase and those who ponce about. I pray that this doesnt happen, but with people drugging dogs to show them, whatever next.? :thumbdown:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree - poor turnout and no atmosphere - nothing like it used to be - i hadnt been for 3 yrs and wont be rushing there again - the lurchers were a joke - too many non workers - cotton buds and baby wipes everywhere - one well known SHOWMAN even gave his dog a herbal tonic to stop her stressing in the ring ! People skipping round the ring like something off Dancing on Ice !! More importantly they are filling the lurcher world with genes from non working show dogs - lets put the money into the small Hunt shows and stop filling the pockets of promoters - £ 3.50 for a bacon roll - £1.50 for a tea !!!

:thumbs:

Well said, its unfortunate that hunt shows don't get the turnout that they deserve, because their are no BIG titles on offer, which is what folk seem to be after nowaday's! Shame :no:

WRONG THE EARTH DOG RUNNING DOG CHAMPIONSHIP AND THE NORTH WALES CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE BOTH PRESTIGIOUS SHOWS TO WIN AND WERE BETTER ATENDED THAN THE MIDLAND :yes: Edited by gonetoearth

why does everyone whinge about the price of grub at these game shows...you all know the score ..and at about a grand a pitch i,m damn sure i d be charging that sort of price aswell..it is a business,not a charity..at the end of the day take a bloody sarnie and a flask of tea,they ll cost ya nowt and enjoy the day..i swear i must have been to a different show,thought it was a good turn out AND WAS UP ON LAST YEAR ,atmosphere was great and well done you welsh git!

why does everyone whinge about the price of grub at these game shows...you all know the score ..and at about a grand a pitch i,m damn sure i d be charging that sort of price aswell..it is a business,not a charity..at the end of the day take a bloody sarnie and a flask of tea,they ll cost ya nowt and enjoy the day..i swear i must have been to a different show,thought it was a good turn out AND WAS UP ON LAST YEAR ,atmosphere was great and well done you welsh git!
Well said & Ditto Darling! :clapper:

Well said, its unfortunate that hunt shows don't get the turnout that they deserve, because their are no BIG titles on offer, which is what folk seem to be after nowaday's! Shame :no:

WRONG THE EARTH DOG RUNNING DOG CHAMPIONSHIP AND THE NORTH WALES CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE BOTH PRESTIGIOUS SHOWS TO WIN AND WERE BETTER ATENDED THAN THE MIDLAND :yes:

I don't think EDRD funds a pack? it's the smaller, qualifying hunt show's that need the support.