I AM ON THE MARKET FOR A MODERATOR FOR MY .223. LENGTH IS NO PROBLEM AS ALL MY SHOOTING IS OFF STICKS SO NO VEHICLES INVOLVED. WHICH ONES SHOULD I BE LOOKING AT?

MANY THANKS MARK.

As 'woolyback' says, Predator 8 all the way for me, mines on a .270 Win, and that's plenty of rifle, without the mod it's hideous, burns your ears right off if you fire three in a row without earmuffs, and I can't stand wearing those!

Seriously though I've either tried someone else's rifle, or at least been next to it when fired all of the main makes and calibres.

The Ase utra is the best for sound reduction but it looks really cr*p, the T8 is the most common and the PES is the prettyist, but you cannot strip the T8 to de-coke the guts, the Predator 8 is fully strippable, and believe me it gets full of grey 'grit' and soot.

The smaller calibres moderate better than the big ones (hardly a suprise?), best being .223 and .243, but the 22-250 doesn't shut-up nearly so well as the former??

So if its 'pretty' you want you may like the PES, but otherwise I'd recommend the Predator 8.

AndyF

I AM ON THE MARKET FOR A MODERATOR FOR MY .223. LENGTH IS NO PROBLEM AS ALL MY SHOOTING IS OFF STICKS SO NO VEHICLES INVOLVED. WHICH ONES SHOULD I BE LOOKING AT?

MANY THANKS MARK.

As 'woolyback' says, Predator 8 all the way for me, mines on a .270 Win, and that's plenty of rifle, without the mod it's hideous, burns your ears right off if you fire three in a row without earmuffs, and I can't stand wearing those!

Seriously though I've either tried someone else's rifle, or at least been next to it when fired all of the main makes and calibres.

The Ase utra is the best for sound reduction but it looks really cr*p, the T8 is the most common and the PES is the prettyist, but you cannot strip the T8 to de-coke the guts, the Predator 8 is fully strippable, and believe me it gets full of grey 'grit' and soot.

The smaller calibres moderate better than the big ones (hardly a suprise?), best being .223 and .243, but the 22-250 doesn't shut-up nearly so well as the former??

So if its 'pretty' you want you may like the PES, but otherwise I'd recommend the Predator 8.

AndyF

the 223 with ase and 22/250 with ase you wouldtn tell the difference mate ;)

Well, theres a few for you to consider already...but shooting off sticks or not, the Predator 8 COMPACT is better than the full length Predator...same baffles just a smaller, lighter mod which is fine on the .223 and will balance better even off sticks! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker