meynell russells

I have long legged russell pup and hes meynell lines, i was wondering if any one else works meynell dogs or whether they are mainly show dogs, Im sorry if ive just asked a stupid question but id like to learn a bit more as im new to Russells . I use him for ratting mainly and other bits and pieces and so far hes been spot on. Many thanks.

Guest Stevie D

I've used Greg's dogs and my best bitch is by Timber, one of his old stud dogs. I've also dug with him to his terriers and they're as good work wise as anyone else's that I've seen.

Stevie

cheers steve thats good to know, i have been looking back through my pups lines and one of his great grandparents was timber. he also has other meynells and glantowy in his blood lines. I got him from a breeder in kent who has about ten dogs meynells and glantowys, whats nice is all her dogs are workers and she is passionate about the breed she calls them parson russells. im realy impressed with the breed ive allways been a lakey man, but this little pup is slowly winning me over all the best mate thanks everyone for your replies

Is there actualy a difference between parsons and jacks or is it purely to get the breed recognised for showing

Is there actualy a difference between parsons and jacks or is it purely to get the breed recognised for showing

At least here in Finland there are "Working Jack Russels" under JRTCGB-Finland and dogs out of same lines "Parson Russel Terriers" under FCI register. So they made that parsonbreed up to get in FCI shows and competitions.

There are dogs with Meynell blood here both in parsos and russels. The finnish russelmen appreciate Meynell very highly.

• 3 weeks later...