first blood

well, after comenting on the snaring section this morning, about the "rat pack lads" letting the fox go from a live catch trap, I then went out to check my trap, and waiting for me was this nice dog fox

now, should I let it go in the park as it's such a nice fox (even after taking a few of our chickens)

or

post-5267-1251627262_thumb.jpg

the shot was taken from the flat of the top of head,entry hole around the size of a 5p, the picture shows the exit wound, size of a golf ball

used a 3" subsonic, although a noticable bang, it did'nt sound like a shotgun, and a friend standing 25ft away, was totally oblivous to the noise

nice one stubby!

i do have to wonder if those rat pack lads would have let that fox go if the cameras wernt there????

cheers

hyperion

when watching them on iplayer, you notice they comment on taking it to a vet to be put to sleep, makes me think they dont have the means of a humaine dispatch, maybe why they release :hmm:

but I bet they charged a good price to catch it, in west london,

Guest hyperion
nice one stubby!

i do have to wonder if those rat pack lads would have let that fox go if the cameras wernt there????

cheers

hyperion

when watching them on iplayer, you notice they comment on taking it to a vet to be put to sleep, makes me think they dont have the means of a humaine dispatch, maybe why they release :hmm:

but I bet they charged a good price to catch it, in west london,

i noticed that too! plus the rat stomping incident when they caught one on the sticky trap!

where would you find a vet wiling to pts a fox in london?????