salukis in britain

Guest Daks

hi trev yeah thanks for that input mate, i m currently trying to sort that out with the guy and am just awaiting a reply so fingers crossed on the down side i dont talk indian, urdu or out like that so have also asked that he bring the dog up using english commands lol im proper ignorant :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone to a good coursing friend of mine who said he would match his UK KC saluki dog against any new import,

the few true coursing lines in the uk are more than capable for coursing, faster than desert bred dogs with enough stamina, he even recently exported a couple of pups to Dubai after a buisness-man flew over to watch them run in lincs.

Edited by steadfastcoursing
You cant bring a dog in from Pakistan using the pets scheme it would have to go through six months quarantine. :(

yep i also found that out too bummer eh? so 6 months prison it is for the poor bugger, am sure he'l be fine il see him all the time :)

as for the post about coursing etc it will be a while before i can use him for coursing like until the government decide to lift the ban lol, :blink:

riohog i have found the follwig about the dog and its background, do you still think its a bum deal??

the dogs are of arab origin, parents were brought here (I live in Karachi) by visiting Dubai royals. The parents were procured from Bahrain, but Mandy (Farousi from Australia) believes they are originally from Qatar. These Salukis hunt regularly in season in Pakistan- Oct to March - and are proven desert origin hunters over sandy as well as rocky desert.

that is quoted from someone i sent a pic too of the pup i am intending to get, in an email, its all getting closer to me getting him now, i have just applied for the license and am sending off for the c5 form and have found a place id lke him to go whilst in quarantine just got to go have mooch around to make sure, im getting excited now :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Edited by Daks

Just got back from Abu-Dabi & while we there we visited the arabian saluki centre, now saluki's are'nt my cup of tea but i would of had any 1 of the dogs in the kennels, Hamed has had this line of desert saluki's in his family for 7 decades and they are by far a better looking animal than any saluki i've seen in this country. ;)

Just got back from Abu-Dabi & while we there we visited the arabian saluki centre, now saluki's are'nt my cup of tea but i would of had any 1 of the dogs in the kennels, Hamed has had this line of desert saluki's in his family for 7 decades and they are by far a better looking animal than any saluki i've seen in this country. ;)

ENQUIREYS sought .

ENQUIREYS sought .

Hi Hunter cammo i'm not sure how to put up a link but this is the web address WWW.arabiansaluki.ae

I was talking about lure coursing ;)

What do you want a saluki for? just a pet?

Good luck with whatever desicion you make :victory: and keep us informed!!!

lol oh yeah forgot about lure coursing :icon_redface: i am intending to work the dog however as it will be a pure bred dog i might, might breed him when hes older, depends on how he performs out n about

matti, good site beautiful dogs on there :notworthy: