salukis in britain

Guest Daks

theres quite a few comments on here for and against which is fine as its everyones individual preferance, however i have decided that i am going to take one of the young salukis i have been offerd from pakistan after discussing it with my partener because we both agree they are gorgeous and also they are bred to work and not just for show, so in the future when it is working over here and hopefully doing its job well we might decide to breed it with another saluki therefore introducing fresh bloodlines to the uk, it works best for our situation.

As mentioned above we have talked about studding it out when old enough and have come up with the following plan as we both feel there is enough crap out there allready being pushed from pillar to post and filling up rescue centres.

this is the plan: We will offer the dog when old enough for stud for a high fee (just to stop idiots asking us to breed it to crap) unless of course it is another pure saluki with papers then this plan wont apply, however we will advertise that if the enquiry is genuine and the owner of the dog can prove to us their dog is a quality woker (as everyone thinks their dog is) maybe by taking us out with the dog in question iether up on my permission or theirs before it comes into season and show us it doing its job then we will significantly reduce the fee in some cases upto half the advertised price,

again this might seem a bit fannyish on our part but we are not going through all this importing and quarantine rubbish to make money we just want a pure saluki from working backgrounds and what better than one that works in the desert wether it be kurdish, turkish or pakistani?

what do you guys think?? do you think it is a sensible plan? or are we just being ridiculas? cheers in advance for both positive and negative replies.. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daks

what do you want the dog for ??? pet , breeding , working ???? if its working your better off with a well bred saluki x lurcher , there are plenty about and will cost you a lot less money , i think if your getting one for breeding get an import as the standard of saluki is this country is very poor , and people are looking for imports to breed off ,

Working wise a top class saluki is only as good as an avarage lurcher , FACT , they just dont have the gears , drive of a x bred dog , there will be a few on here who will jump on this saying that a good saluki will be on par with a good lurcher but they aint ,its a fact ,

The dogs you are looking at are a better gamble than the ones in this country , as them lot over there kill there shit , over here they breed of them , i would imagine they breed the best to best and cull the ones that dont make the grade , were as in this country its all about the money , FACT ...............

theres quite a few comments on here for and against which is fine as its everyones individual preferance, however i have decided that i am going to take one of the young salukis i have been offerd from pakistan after discussing it with my partener because we both agree they are gorgeous and also they are bred to work and not just for show, so in the future when it is working over here and hopefully doing its job well we might decide to breed it with another saluki therefore introducing fresh bloodlines to the uk, it works best for our situation.

As mentioned above we have talked about studding it out when old enough and have come up with the following plan as we both feel there is enough crap out there allready being pushed from pillar to post and filling up rescue centres.

this is the plan: We will offer the dog when old enough for stud for a high fee (just to stop idiots asking us to breed it to crap) unless of course it is another pure saluki with papers then this plan wont apply, however we will advertise that if the enquiry is genuine and the owner of the dog can prove to us their dog is a quality woker (as everyone thinks their dog is) maybe by taking us out with the dog in question iether up on my permission or theirs before it comes into season and show us it doing its job then we will significantly reduce the fee in some cases upto half the advertised price,

again this might seem a bit fannyish on our part but we are not going through all this importing and quarantine rubbish to make money we just want a pure saluki from working backgrounds and what better than one that works in the desert wether it be kurdish, turkish or pakistani?

what do you guys think?? do you think it is a sensible plan? or are we just being ridiculas? cheers in advance for both positive and negative replies.. :D

all this sounds a little bit to familour and i wasnt far out a couple of pages back when i said india!! ok pakistan

i recon i know a good few breeders throughout the world saluki breeders and not one have ever mentioned pakistan mybe theyve been missing something eh!!!!! dowt it though

Guest lurchers&terriers
Daks

what do you want the dog for ??? pet , breeding , working ???? if its working your better off with a well bred saluki x lurcher , there are plenty about and will cost you a lot less money , i think if your getting one for breeding get an import as the standard of saluki is this country is very poor , and people are looking for imports to breed off ,

Working wise a top class saluki is only as good as an avarage lurcher , FACT , they just dont have the gears , drive of a x bred dog , there will be a few on here who will jump on this saying that a good saluki will be on par with a good lurcher but they aint ,its a fact ,

The dogs you are looking at are a better gamble than the ones in this country , as them lot over there kill there shit , over here they breed of them , i would imagine they breed the best to best and cull the ones that dont make the grade , were as in this country its all about the money , FACT ...............

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

theres good sals in this country and they can stop winter hares on a regular basis its no good posting about em on here because its not worth the shit that comes back

every top class hare dog in britain today is mostly saluki blood thats fact just look at theyre make up and crosses in em and they will all go back to a saluki some where weather its deacon bregawn angie wilburs stuff or saluki macs stuff so much so that they are more or less a variety of saluki in theyre own rights which after all thats what tazis taigans slooghis and afghans are they are a variety of saluki that suits the place where they are

heres the pedigree of a dog i recently used over my pure bitch

judepedigree.jpg

theres good sals in this country and they can stop winter hares on a regular basis its no good posting about em on here because its not worth the shit that comes back

every top class hare dog in britain today is mostly saluki blood thats fact just look at theyre make up and crosses in em and they will all go back to a saluki some where weather its deacon bregawn angie wilburs stuff or saluki macs stuff so much so that they are more or less a variety of saluki in theyre own rights which after all thats what tazis taigans slooghis and afghans are they are a variety of saluki that suits the place where they are

heres the pedigree of a dog i recently used over my pure bitch

judepedigree.jpg

south african ;) was it bred by joy mc farlane

Edited by riohog
Daks

hi mate, i agree with what you have wrote totally, i am not buying it for the money side of things i absoloutly woud love a pure saluki hence the reason i am buying one, again if it works which i am sure it will then bonus as you say the lad i am in contact with told me he wont keep the shite as the dogs catch food, therefore i will maybe breed it if its any good, i have got lurchers with saluki in them and they are top workers for what i want i cannot knock them at all in fact every lucher i have owned except one has had saluki in its make up.

i agree also on your point about the standard of saluki over here being poor arnt they mainly show dogs that have never seen a day/nights graft?? if that wasnt the case or an idea i have got into my head then id save on the hassle and get one from here lol

rio, you keep replying about how you have never heard of a good saluki coming from pakistan or india but how do you know this one i am getting wont be a good working dog? answer is we dont, but thats the same as any dog you buy isnt it? really all i can do is get it and bring it on as i have my other lurchers which have turned out fine again for what i want them for and

keep posting pics of its progress on here and if it all goes pear shape then you and others can tell me you told me so i think thats fair enough :)

as for the breeding idea thats all it was an idea and i am pretty sure i put that in the post i wrote above?? il have a look cheers people some good points :clapper:

Hi mate, you say you are in touch with this lad, and didn't answer my question about whether or not you have been out there and seen the dogs run, to gauge whether they are in fact the sort of thing you are after.

I only ask this as every country has a different style of hunting, and until you see it, you just don't know.

I'm planning on doing something like this myself at some point in the future so just interested, and not knocking your approach.

It just seems like a fair amount of money and a bit of a chance, if you haven't seen this type work their own terrain.

Have you been out there and seen the dogs working to see their style ect ?

no i havent as yet but ive asked for him to send me some footage via email as id prefer to see the dogs he has firstly on video then if i like what i see will go out there for a holiday to see for myself, no point spending more money only to find out the are sh*te lol :icon_redface:

Daks

hi mate, i agree with what you have wrote totally, i am not buying it for the money side of things i absoloutly woud love a pure saluki hence the reason i am buying one, again if it works which i am sure it will then bonus as you say the lad i am in contact with told me he wont keep the shite as the dogs catch food, therefore i will maybe breed it if its any good, i have got lurchers with saluki in them and they are top workers for what i want i cannot knock them at all in fact every lucher i have owned except one has had saluki in its make up.

i agree also on your point about the standard of saluki over here being poor arnt they mainly show dogs that have never seen a day/nights graft?? if that wasnt the case or an idea i have got into my head then id save on the hassle and get one from here lol

rio, you keep replying about how you have never heard of a good saluki coming from pakistan or india but how do you know this one i am getting wont be a good working dog? answer is we dont, but thats the same as any dog you buy isnt it? really all i can do is get it and bring it on as i have my other lurchers which have turned out fine again for what i want them for and

keep posting pics of its progress on here and if it all goes pear shape then you and others can tell me you told me so i think thats fair enough :)

as for the breeding idea thats all it was an idea and i am pretty sure i put that in the post i wrote above?? il have a look cheers people some good points :clapper:

those dogs are caravan hounds feathered ( pashmi) thats why you dont here of salukis in pakistan!! ;)

Just a thought. idea that might save you some money.

Im not sure if they have this in pakistan but would the pet passport not be a better and cheaper option for getting the dog home.

Quaintiene isnt good for any dog and with the saluki being a bit conservative as it is already im sure it could do woithout all the stress it will endure whilst there.

Ive done it and its well worth it, relativly cheap and saves the dog alot of unwanted stress etc. etc, plus you will have the dog quicker.