salukis in britain

Guest Daks

forgot to say i woud take the1 in the top pic

hi casper it will be costing oh an absolute fortune more than it would cost to get a purefrom over here but im thinking of the future as theres only so many times you can line breed before they develop problems isnt there?? must be like people really lol so needless to say will it be kept totally indoors and wrapped in cotton wool i do intend to work it along side my saluki whippet grey eventually but for now il just be happy getting one imported its a lot of messing about, i also have chance to get one from america for $4000 flown to uk think thats roughly 3 grand?? i just cant make my mind up lol i like the dog in the top pic too ;) i forgot to put pics of the ones i can get from the sates hence the edit!! i really like these but they are expensive heres the pup followed by the dam :)

0abf4a40.jpg

amdam.jpg

Edited by Daks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

made me think miles i know smooth is the domenent gene

like alot of others would have liked to own him ;)

loofah al kalijx arezu tazi arya

i think loofa was a saudi import dont know about kalij think it was a swiss coursing champion !

Edited by riohog
richard mate i can get you one in an hour ;)

riohog the ones you can get are they in the south wales valleys by any chance

I've been down to the border of wales recentley :whistling: some real nice pups down that way :notworthy: well worth the journey.

Riohog, one in an hour :icon_eek: , I'll take two and give you 24hr's :victory: hope they are cheap :thumbs: atb Richard

hi casper it will be costing oh an absolute fortune more than it would cost to get a purefrom over here but im thinking of the future as theres only so many times you can line breed before they develop problems isnt there?? must be like people really lol so needless to say will it be kept totally indoors and wrapped in cotton wool i do intend to work it along side my saluki whippet grey eventually but for now il just be happy getting one imported its a lot of messing about, i also have chance to get one from america for $4000 flown to uk think thats roughly 3 grand?? i just cant make my mind up lol i like the dog in the top pic too ;) i forgot to put pics of the ones i can get from the sates hence the edit!! i really like these but they are expensive heres the pup followed by the dam :)

0abf4a40.jpg

amdam.jpg

If you are going to spend that kind of money plus the expense of a quarantine kennel for six months I would go for, at the very least, a dog with some recent desert blood so it will at least bring some new blood in. If you go back far enough in the pedigrees of those dogs you will just end up with dogs that came from the UK in the first place. You may wish to look into the reputation of that breeder, as well.

0abf4a40.jpg

amdam.jpg

If you are going to spend that kind of money plus the expense of a quarantine kennel for six months I would go for, at the very least, a dog with some recent desert blood so it will at least bring some new blood in. If you go back far enough in the pedigrees of those dogs you will just end up with dogs that came from the UK in the first place. You may wish to look into the reputation of that breeder, as well.

Purchasing a coursing saluki pup is a real 'minefield' it really pays to do some serious research into the matter, for every good line out there, there is somebody who can come up with a negative, even when it comes to imported dogs it seems the same thing is evident :icon_eek: good luck to the original poster of this thread, they are great hunting companions well worth waiting to get the right one, best of luck with it, atvb Richard

Are the Foreign salukis better than ones over here.........HHmmm.... :rolleyes:

What is a Saluki??

Is it Pure?

What is pure?......

Good Hunting JD

pure saluki?? simply a lurcher, bred for running desrt hare a gazelle originaly, bred for centuries in many countries and regions within but a lurcher all the same :thumbs: purity should be decided in the field, names are nice but kills are kills, and coursing and killing are what these particular lurchers are bred for, atb Richard

ok richard i hear what you say saluki is a lurcher dont think so! but having said that as mr d questioned what is pure?

fkn good question cos i dont think anybody can prove that but how can you prove any dog is pure?

dna against what!! i think the defenition of a lurcher is a sighthound crossed with another breed longdog sighthound to sighthound

so mybe they are lurchers or longdogs you would be hard pushed to believe other breeds havnt been introduced over 4 thousand years or so

either by accident or intencially!!!

This site (based in Israel) has a lot of info on the Desert Salukis, coat types and so forth.

They had a litter back in July and had a webcam on them but I'm not sure if it's still running.

Ruah Midbar Salukis

in my oppinion there is only one desert bred saluki that i would have out of michaellas kennel and it was not bred in israel she imported it from the usa its a young turkish/ kurdish bitch called hayley make of it what you will!!!!

This site (based in Israel) has a lot of info on the Desert Salukis, coat types and so forth.

They had a litter back in July and had a webcam on them but I'm not sure if it's still running.

Ruah Midbar Salukis

in my oppinion there is only one desert bred saluki that i would have out of michaellas kennel and it was not bred in israel she imported it from the usa its a young turkish/ kurdish bitch called hayley make of it what you will!!!!

I think you have mentioned this kurdish bitch before, you seem very keen mate ;) atb richard

Ruah Midbar Salukis

I think you have mentioned this kurdish bitch before, you seem very keen mate ;) atb richard

she wont sell it to me richard!!