Winter bedding (sheeps fleece)

Only problem I could see is the fleece getting caught up on the ferrets nails.

id go one better and make a little coat for them,an a little hat each.......you are quite obviously insane. :whistling:

Wow, 5 posts in and you're insulting people. :nono:

id go one better and make a little coat for them,an a little hat each.......you are quite obviously insane. :whistling:

wow 7228 posts and your still a moron...iv insulted no one,its called light hearted banter

wow 7228 posts and your still a moron...iv insulted no one,its called light hearted banter

Moron? That's Welsh for carrots, I've been called far worse! :clapper::laugh:

I aquired a whole sheeps fleece today, i'm thinking about winter bedding for my Ferrets, good or bad idea? Opinions please. :whistling:

Id say, bad Idea, most of us use straw/shredded paper, cheap and disposable, they still need cleaning out in winter, how long would you leave your sheep skin in the bedding area before disposing it

I think it's a good idea, just break it up a bit and make sure it aint got any ticks in it. put it just outside their nest box and see if they drag it in.

Ladycat, that was a bit sarcastic of you to reply like that to a newbi !! :thumbdown:

well i think its a stupid idea.....but each to there own,arabian moon do you actualy do any hunting of any sort,what dogs have you got and what do you work them on. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Edited by ladycat

In my opinion they need something they can drag out of the nest box if they get to hot , they will do this with hay straw or paper bedding , i have never used material as bedding

nice idea in theroy mate, but i'd be concerned about fleas etc

i use a pet bedding thats a combination of wool and paper, soft warm cheap and disposable

all the best lurcher lass x

im trying to get hold of a cheap shedder for some newspaper bedding in the colder months im using straw atm

rob

I think it's a good idea, just break it up a bit and make sure it aint got any ticks in it. put it just outside their nest box and see if they drag it in.

Ladycat, that was a bit sarcastic of you to reply like that to a newbi !! :thumbdown:

well i think its a stupid idea.....but each to there own,arabian moon do you actualy do any hunting of any sort,what dogs have you got and what do you work them on. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Well, yes i do, otherwise, i wouldnt be on here would i DUURRRRRRRRRRRR I have the 4 dogs in the picture at the bottom (not the collie on the left of picture) Deerhound/Grey- collie/grey, Bullcross, 2 x Saluki/Whippet, and 2 Jack Russells, and 5 Ferrets, and they work everything, Before the ban that is

PS, and i suppose you hunt with a cat as your username suddgests :clapper:

Edited by Arabian Moon