respect your quarry

Guest gaz100604

I suspect that for the most part, people on here (the ones with more than two brain cells) know exactly what "respect" means.

There are many instances and cases where that respect is ignored/negected/abused for a similar amount of so called reasons.

Most here are in the business of killing wildlife for one reason or another. How they go about it reflects the type of person they are.

I for one would not like to be looked upon as someone who kills for the peasure of watching an animal die. I like to think that the "kills" I make are because I have pitted my wits and skill against the quarry I hunt. There are moral and ethical guidlines that all of us (as humans) follow however the difference lies in how they are acted upon.

To give an example; I would rather have stalked a rabbit for 10mins to get within 20yds and to kill it before it even realised it had been hit than pull the trigger at 60yds in the hope that I get lucky and the risk that the animal may be wounded and die a slow and painfull death.

We all have a responsibility to ensure that the quarry we hunt is respected otherwise we are no better than the animals we kill.

If more of us behaved in such a manner it would certainly diminsh the arguement put forward by the antis.

As for the "shutting the gate" comment; It was a fair comment to make and shows respect for the land owners land and the enviroment in which he hunts. Good man I say and he should not be criticised.

Respect to All

Swampy

ning to those who have done so on the 20/08/09

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gaz100604
To me it means, making sure that the quarry is killed in a quick and efficient way with as little pain and suffering as is possible it also means trying to respect breeding seasons and not hunting when the quarry has young around unless its for food then I try and take just the amount I need as this means you will still have something to hunt next year. I know some people hunt out of season to keep permission etc and that is fine for them I am talking about me now and what I do. I eat everything I kill tho so my views are going to be alot different than some peoples. I also never kill for the sake of killing if I go fishing and get a nice trout I normally go home as I dont need any more fish or if the fish is small I put it back and try for a bigger one. I try and use every part of the animal in some way weather that is food for me or some one else I know or for dogs/ferts whatever If you use as much of the animal as possible i feel I have shown respect for it.

Just my opinon.

its a shame a so called hunting man is asking this question,but hopefully he can learn alot from the above atb jamiew,

opened to discuission read the thread ya prick

Guest Rod&dog

To me in a sportting sense it means no unessessary suffering and not to hunt during the breeding months,I dont really class this time of year (leate August) as summer and my season starts when the majoritory of the feilds have been cut and lasts towards the early spring. to give the game time to breed and re populate. Alough during the summer months i do alot of pest controll for farmers,gamekeepers and myself and the same motto of respect your quarry and make sure any killing is done as quickly and carefully as i can.

theres nowt beautiful about warrington lad, and ya the dog kills it in seconds so how do you say dont prolong an animals death then??

I know, its a shit whole n the pakis r takin over .. good luck with your pointless arguement ;)

doi know you timmy? id like to call it more of a discussion :clapper:

No you dont ;) And arguement/discussion/debate all have the same meaning, look it up in the dictionary if you don't believe me :thumbs:

theres nowt beautiful about warrington lad, and ya the dog kills it in seconds so how do you say dont prolong an animals death then??

good luck with your pointless arguement ;)

doi know you timmy? id like to call it more of a discussion :clapper:

No you dont ;) And arguement/discussion/debate all have the same meaning, look it up in the dictionary if you don't believe me :thumbs:

Given the number of hapless kids on here at the moment, this discussion is anything but pointless.

I suspect that for the most part, people on here (the ones with more than two brain cells) know exactly what "respect" means.

There are many instances and cases where that respect is ignored/negected/abused for a similar amount of so called reasons.

Most here are in the business of killing wildlife for one reason or another. How they go about it reflects the type of person they are.

I for one would not like to be looked upon as someone who kills for the peasure of watching an animal die. I like to think that the "kills" I make are because I have pitted my wits and skill against the quarry I hunt. There are moral and ethical guidlines that all of us (as humans) follow however the difference lies in how they are acted upon.

To give an example; I would rather have stalked a rabbit for 10mins to get within 20yds and to kill it before it even realised it had been hit than pull the trigger at 60yds in the hope that I get lucky and the risk that the animal may be wounded and die a slow and painfull death.

We all have a responsibility to ensure that the quarry we hunt is respected otherwise we are no better than the animals we kill.

If more of us behaved in such a manner it would certainly diminsh the arguement put forward by the antis.

As for the "shutting the gate" comment; It was a fair comment to make and shows respect for the land owners land and the enviroment in which he hunts. Good man I say and he should not be criticised.

Respect to All

Swampy

ning to those who have done so on the 20/08/09

Spot on Swampy :thumbs: