respect your quarry

Guest gaz100604

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

theres nowt beautiful about warrington lad, and ya the dog kills it in seconds so how do you say dont prolong an animals death then??

the term "respect your quarry" has been about a long time,

so pre ban it would have meant alot more about dispatching your quarry

as quick as possible,

example, if your dogs caught a deer pre ban then dispatch it yourself

if it's still alive as soon as you can

instead of letting your dogs have a good old rag on it while it's still alive

and the obvious one about hunting when they have young

hope this makes sense

Guest gaz100604
theres nowt beautiful about warrington lad, and ya the dog kills it in seconds so how do you say dont prolong an animals death then??

I know, its a shit whole n the pakis r takin over .. good luck with your pointless arguement ;)

doi know you timmy? id like to call it more of a discussion :clapper:

Quite a few good answers on here to an interesting question, what i'd question, these days is the 'value' and 'credibility' of the word respect.

In my youth it was a 'powerful' word used, seemingly, for things of great importance.

These days it's been hijacked by street kids and gang culture and though they use it as a word of 'equality' to stabalize their volitile world, what they really should use is the word 'fear'.

"He doesn't respect me"! Should be, "He doesn't fear me"! and, usualy sparks retribution...!

Sorry for boring.... :icon_redface: So, saying 'respect your quarry', these days, could be treated from a whole new angle, or should we find a new way of paying homage to the animals we hunt.

;)

Sorry for boring....

Not at all, was very interesting and completely true, tis a shame how so many words are losing their 'strength' mainly due to over (and futile) use, for example most 'swear words' used to make a crowd gasp (or so I am told :tongue2:) and so would have a lot of impact. But now? Now you could say it to a policemen and receive a grin and a similar 'compliment'.

Aaaanyway...

for me i hunt mostly foxes so respecting my quarry means killing the fox as quickly as possible which is usually done by my lurcher before i get to them.I respect their breeding cycle by not hunting during the breeding months and sometimes feeding cubs at a near by earth.I only slip one lurcher at a time which means its one on one

'Respect for quarry' is fading due to the young lads of nowadays that have respect for nothing never mind quarry. That includes their dogs as well.

Never hunt out of season unless it is necessary (Keepers for gamebird protection)

All this night time shooting that goes on as well, lads out in jeeps shooting maybe 14 or 15 foxes a night. Is one or two not enough. WHERES THE RESPECT IN THAT.

Surrounding small bogs with maybe 15 or 16 lurchers leaving the fox with absolutely no means of escape. Thats not respect or sport in my eyes. If a fox gets away fair fu**ks to him.

Digging burrows and leaving them a complete mess is another one. No respect there.

To me it means, making sure that the quarry is killed in a quick and efficient way with as little pain and suffering as is possible it also means trying to respect breeding seasons and not hunting when the quarry has young around unless its for food then I try and take just the amount I need as this means you will still have something to hunt next year. I know some people hunt out of season to keep permission etc and that is fine for them I am talking about me now and what I do. I eat everything I kill tho so my views are going to be alot different than some peoples. I also never kill for the sake of killing if I go fishing and get a nice trout I normally go home as I dont need any more fish or if the fish is small I put it back and try for a bigger one. I try and use every part of the animal in some way weather that is food for me or some one else I know or for dogs/ferts whatever If you use as much of the animal as possible i feel I have shown respect for it.

Just my opinon.

its a shame a so called hunting man is asking this question,but hopefully he can learn alot from the above atb jamiew,

To me it means, making sure that the quarry is killed in a quick and efficient way with as little pain and suffering as is possible it also means trying to respect breeding seasons and not hunting when the quarry has young around unless its for food then I try and take just the amount I need as this means you will still have something to hunt next year. I know some people hunt out of season to keep permission etc and that is fine for them I am talking about me now and what I do. I eat everything I kill tho so my views are going to be alot different than some peoples. I also never kill for the sake of killing if I go fishing and get a nice trout I normally go home as I dont need any more fish or if the fish is small I put it back and try for a bigger one. I try and use every part of the animal in some way weather that is food for me or some one else I know or for dogs/ferts whatever If you use as much of the animal as possible i feel I have shown respect for it.

Just my opinon.

its a shame a so called hunting man is asking this question,but hopefully he can learn alot from the above atb jamiew,

Cheers Bud