not all bad

For the last few weekends my mate and i have been going out full days trying to get a good bag of pigeon :censored: but for some reason they dont seem to be decoying very well at the moment, plenty of birds in the air but they are not easily tempted into shot :thumbdown: This is a bit of a bummer considering we travel 130 mile round trip. Anyway yesterday we decided to go to our shoots late afternoon, and if nothing happening we would have an hour first dark with the lamp and try for a fox. Scanned the fields of one permission and spotted barley stubble with a good few pigeons on it, trekked down ,set up, and guess what happened---F**k all, birds didn,t come back in i think we shot 5

We then waited for dark my mate took his .22 hornet, me on lamp walked two fields shone into a cut grass field--bloody hell four fox!! my mate shot 2, first at 80yds, second at 50yds, lamped a few more fields spotted another two but shots were not safe. Moved to a different permission my turn with the rifle ( .22K Hornet ) pulled the jeep into a field as i got my rifle out my mate had already scanned the ground and there was a fox about 50yds away, loaded , set the bipod, and fired offthe bonnet of the jeep--1 down for me, as i reloaded another came from behind a bush about 100yds away squeeked him to about 60yds--2 down, walked about 100yards from the jeep gave a few calls, switched on the lamp and there was a fox running flat toward us stopped him at about 80 yds--3 down. could,t believe it 5 fox shot witout walking 200yds ( both permissions ) Stopped in at one of our favorite farms on the way home and managed to bag another one :clapper: Still can,t believe our luck :notworthy: ---final tally = 5 pigeons & 6 Fox, so as i said IT,S NOT ALL BAD

KP

Here is some photos off my mobile, i'm the lamp man.

Well done mate, didnt think you could download them from your phone :victory: --not bad pics even though i look a bit weighty :icon_redface:

For the last few weekends my mate and i have been going out full days trying to get a good bag of pigeon :censored: but for some reason they dont seem to be decoying very well at the moment, plenty of birds in the air but they are not easily tempted into shot :thumbdown: This is a bit of a bummer considering we travel 130 mile round trip. Anyway yesterday we decided to go to our shoots late afternoon, and if nothing happening we would have an hour first dark with the lamp and try for a fox. Scanned the fields of one permission and spotted barley stubble with a good few pigeons on it, trekked down ,set up, and guess what happened---F**k all, birds didn,t come back in i think we shot 5

We then waited for dark my mate took his .22 hornet, me on lamp walked two fields shone into a cut grass field--bloody hell four fox!! my mate shot 2, first at 80yds, second at 50yds, lamped a few more fields spotted another two but shots were not safe. Moved to a different permission my turn with the rifle ( .22K Hornet ) pulled the jeep into a field as i got my rifle out my mate had already scanned the ground and there was a fox about 50yds away, loaded , set the bipod, and fired offthe bonnet of the jeep--1 down for me, as i reloaded another came from behind a bush about 100yds away squeeked him to about 60yds--2 down, walked about 100yards from the jeep gave a few calls, switched on the lamp and there was a fox running flat toward us stopped him at about 80 yds--3 down. could,t believe it 5 fox shot witout walking 200yds ( both permissions ) Stopped in at one of our favorite farms on the way home and managed to bag another one :clapper: Still can,t believe our luck :notworthy: ---final tally = 5 pigeons & 6 Fox, so as i said IT,S NOT ALL BAD

KP

Well done mate, didnt think you could download them from your phone :victory: --not bad pics even though i look a bit weighty :icon_redface:

What do you mean Keith I just thought you had an extra jumper on!!!!!

:clapper: :11:

KP

What do you mean Keith I just thought you had an extra jumper on!!!!!

cheers mate :clapper::yahoo: