thunder cats

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest martyn

thundercats,

heres a true story, i was in my mates tattoo studio one morning playing pool and this large 30 year old guy walks in and asks if bob could do a thundercats tatto,

" i could if i knew what a thundercat was" was the reply..

ill bring in a drawing said the guy...

anyhow a few days later (i wasnt there for this) the guy brings in a old thundercats comic, and shows bob the logo (looks like a circle but with a cats head outline in it), no probelem i can do that where do you want it on your back?

"nope, just here under my watch, so my mother cant see it"

and bob reckoned the guy had the smallest watch imaginable,

he explained to the guy about how the smaller the atttoo the less detail you can have, etc..

dont worry i just really want it done, anyhow it was so small bob reckoned that it was a good job considering, and the guy was adamant he wanted it done..

anyhow weeks later he came back in with his mother and she began a sit in in the tattoo studio, until her son had compensation to have the tattoo removed..

Like F*** she was told..

so if anyone ever sees a big fat bloke with a thundercat logo on his arm , l take the piss..

Thats me story nothing really to do with the tv show but it just jogged my memory!!

Guest wickidweasel

:D:D the joys of having kids i can watch them all again

Does anyone remember a prog that had robbot balls that had like naughts and crosses on their heads i think and the bad ones were cubes only me and my brother can remember it.

:( my mrs made me part with my centurions

hahaha That's class, that martyn :clapper: I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the 30yrs young bloke's mum came in for a quiet word with your mate pmsl :rtfm:

As for thundercats, they rocked my world. That and dungeons & dragons. Transformers was quite good for a while as well :D

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh: " Thundercats " ? I kept seeing this one come up on View New Posts ~ Till poxy f***ing Eircom cut my phone line for a couple of hours. Just as I wanted to go into Chat and relax! :realmad: ~ Wondered what the hell you were all on about. Now I get the idea.

I've never even Heard of TC's. But then, I grew up with Lennie the Lion, Muffin the Mule and Pussy Cat Willem! :icon_eek: I distinctly remember when the tv was only on for a small bit of the day ~ Bit Like F***ing Eircom!!!!! :realmad: ~ and the radio was the feature of the home.

So come on; Any of you fellow 'older' members in here? Remember the Black and White Minstrals? How about the sunday evening radio show, " Sing Something Simple " ? And who was that guy, on the radio, who always started his show by screaming, " Wakey Whaaaaaaaaaaaaak HO!!! ", followed by the big band instrumental of 'Somebody Stole My Girl' ? Bloody name's on the tip of my tounge! :unsure:

I'm sure Moll can remember all that! :rofl:

Being an old b*****d, I grew up with Jamie and his magic torch, Mr Ben, Dungeons and Dragons and He-man :11:

I am probably older than you then , i watched Mr Ben, Captain Pugwash, Vicky the viking, will O the wisp, :)

Wakey waaaaakey! Ditch Shitter, that was Billy Cotton wasn't it? "Sing Something Simple" signalled that it was bath time in our house on a sunday teatime. I hated baths then 'cos my dad bathed me and our kid in the same bath and when he washed my face it was as if he was using a brick instead of a loofa! Feckin' sore, but we glowed afterwards. Sat with our toes "in the fire" afterwards. Always had chilblains when I was a kid. :wacko:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:laugh::clapper: I love you, Cragman! At last, someone else who can identify! :good:

Yes, mate. Billy Cotton. It actually came to me about half four in the morning. I didn't bother mentioning it because no body else ~ amongst these nippers! ~ seemed interested! :rofl:

SSS? That always reminds my of ice cream! That time, on a sunday, we always had the special treat of ice cream for tea. We even had these yellow, plastic 'Buttercup' dishes for it. I believe they were a promotion from Walls?

'Where were You, when Kennedy bought it?' In f***ing bed! I was about seven at the time and it probably broke at around ten pm over here?

I do remember Churchill's funeral though ;)