"langouroux" and "bullmastiff" out on lamp

Firstly i should probably say hello, i haven't done any write ups on this part of the forum so far as i haven't had anything to write about...that is untill "bullmastiff" came to sunny Cornwall!! :clapper:

I hadn't met bull mastiff in person, although we have spoken many times on THL, but we hadnt actually managed to organise an outing. He came down last week and we had an awesome 2 days, lamping, surfing, BBq's ( he even stood up on his first wave!) both our mrs's got on really well which was a massive relief!!! hahaha :) :) :)

so out we went with flash (my dog: alano espanol/old type neo) and roo (bullmastiff's bull-lurcher) he couldn't take his english bull mastiff as she wasn't feeling her best. i was already feeling the rush and we hadn't even got out of my trooper yet! I was excited about working flash for his first time, worried as i have never experienced it either! so bullmastiff had his work cut out with two novices!

He was totally sound and assured me all would be fine, into the field, let things go quiet for a minute or two, flick on the lamp and have a little look ...BINGO! a whisper from bullmastiff "ready" .....he slips roo, then i slip flash immediately, we get to where the dogs are and flash isn't sure, a few words of encouragement and the alano instinct takes over CRUNCH and flash has his first rather large funny coloured rabbit under his belt! :whistling: and within 10 mins of getting out the truck!

I was shaking with adrenaline! bull mastiff shook my hand and said congratulations you got yourself a working dog, i couldn't have been more proud of my dog, i think both of us were quite surprised at how quickly he got the gist of things. I have left it along time to work him through personal choice ( big breeds/bones/joints etc) and wondered if he would ever really be up to the job, but he got the hang of it and didn't mess around once he realized what the score was.

loads more that happened that weekend but i don't think i need to go into it, everyone will understand what i felt and how happy i was to finally start achieving the goal.

a MASSIVE thanks to bullmastiff for showing me the ropes, 2 nights i will never ever forgot! we hope to meet again soon in his neck of the woods for some more fun....and maybe bullmastiff will visit again to conquer the wild waves of the Atlantic coast!

this pic is of flash about 5 months ago, he is a bit more muscular on the back legs now and looks a lot more mature will try and update with a newer pic asap.

peace.

post-16751-1249927123_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice one,

dose this mean you will be getting your self a lamp and battery now

your a lucky sod living in cornwall,its a beautiful part of the country

and theres plenty of game about ;) .

i visit my family there every year and always come home wanting

to live down there.

lofti.

More than welcome mate :good: was a cracking weekend! I had written it up yesterday but it got moved to the general section, as only one of the dogs was a Lurcher, also mine was a lot more long winded!!! :icon_redface:

Will arrange a trip soon. :good:

All the best

Luke

i'll check i out mate, i didnt know how much detail i could go in to. see ya soon fella.

Guest Countryboyo
has that pic been tampered with,if not then thats 1 ugly fecker it looks like its been to the head shop and bought the wrong 1 :clapper: not saying its a shit dog just bleeding freaky imo :)

:clapper: like a boxer with a double chin :o

Bloody hell, theres some miserable sods on here. :blink:

The man has a dog which hes happy with and has put up a thread which wasnt a bad read and straight away hes been slated and told his dog is ugly and incapable. Was anyone else there ... NO ... so how do you know what did or didnt happen?!?!?! :wallbash:

This is the reason this forum is full of shit threads, no one can be arsed to post just to take flak off the internet vultures. Theres a few people commenting who I've never read a worthwhile post from, only sarky comments about the efforts of others. Maybe you should be out there doing a bit rather than sitting behind your keyboard slagging other people off? Then you might have something constructive to add :hmm:

Well done for taking the time to put a post up, those dogs are not for me but it would be a boring world if we were all the same. Good luck with them! :thumbs:

Bloody hell, theres some miserable sods on here. :blink:

The man has a dog which hes happy with and has put up a thread which wasnt a bad read and straight away hes been slated and told his dog is ugly and incapable. Was anyone else there ... NO ... so how do you know what did or didnt happen?!?!?! :wallbash:

This is the reason this forum is full of shit threads, no one can be arsed to post just to take flak off the internet vultures. Theres a few people commenting who I've never read a worthwhile post from, only sarky comments about the efforts of others. Maybe you should be out there doing a bit rather than sitting behind your keyboard slagging other people off? Then you might have something constructive to add :hmm:

Well done for taking the time to put a post up, those dogs are not for me but it would be a boring world if we were all the same. Good luck with them! :thumbs:

cheers mate!

and a little note to some of the other guys:

me and bullmastiff know there is die hard lurcher fans out here and knew we would get some sH7t from people on this part of the site...the proper write up is in the general section for those who are genuinely interested and have anything remotely constructive to say. the Alano espanol is a boar dog, the neo is a guard, however flash is mooe alano with the neo head so he is surprisingly fast, i think someone asked why would you want to run a dog like this, well why not? he is fast enough got one hell of a bite. there is guys on here that shoot rabbits with a .308 ! why???? because they can.

i have 2 other dogs so it inst possible for me to get another ie lurcher, so flash will be fine for me.

peace fellow forumers!

Glad you had a great weekend lads, but why the hell would you want to go lamping with dogs like that one or a bullmastiff, i dont understand.

well let me put it like this...... why not if they can do the work?

but i guess the real answer is because we love working dogs that poeple just dont expect to be good enough until they see it with their own eyes. :o :o :o