cannon 400/450 d ect ec t ect

so by that is the standard kit lense no good?

if not can someone explain in english what make of cameras would suit with what lens?

in local cash converters there is a

nikkon d40 with think 18/55mm lens for £230 but only 6mp

and a nikkon d60 with loads extras and extra lens for £450

not been tight but only wanted to spend maybe £350 max prefer 300

Either of the above you have mentioned will be more than adequate for what you have described. Whilst there are undoubtedly better cameras you should get good results with the Nikons you've mentioned above. Up until Christmas I was using a Nikon D50, with only 6mp. It isnt always the camera but how you use a camera that makes a difference. My son uses it now - take a look at Smudges photos on here, all taken with the Nikon D50 and only 6 mp.

As has been said earlier a good lens is very important, but if you are restricted to a budget these cameras will be perfectly adequate for what you need. Photos have to be compressed for websites in any case, so you don't use the highest resolution for websites, as it takes far too long to download.

Taken with a Nikon D50 and a normal inexpensive lens

dragon.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

Nice piccys Keeps... but like a few others have said, spiderpig, has it really got to be an SLR?? expensive camera bodies... then with the added expence of ' which' lense to stick on it?? All the talk of macro lenses/ settings... you can end up with a depth of field like a razor... way to shallow for a horses gob.., there's some fine compacts knocking about mate.. here's one i took with my old compact canon G7... not even in macro mode..

post-9466-1250026209_thumb.jpg

Have a good think about it mate before you part with your wonga... :thumbs:

I've got a fuji finepix s8000fd.Bridge camera. I have taken loads of close up shots with it with excellent results. It also has the facility to go down to 1cm super macro.

Its also got 18x zoom. (Mind you the quality at that end is not that good!)

I have learned with this camera and now have moved on to 450d.

I'm just about to put it on the bay. (Wanted to keep it but have to get some money back towards new one)

post-5878-1250060892.jpg

post-5878-1250060909.jpg

finaly figured out my camera well a bit anyway,if i have the zoom set on continus and on macro it takes close up shots just it saves them as a full photo then i have too zoom it back in to get close.i now need to figure out what settings are needed for it to save them in the way they are taken ect,too many buttons and settings that mean nothing to me thats the problem it has super macro too says down to 1cm. anyone live close who could show me how to work the bloody thing????

finaly figured out my camera well a bit anyway,if i have the zoom set on continus and on macro it takes close up shots just it saves them as a full photo then i have too zoom it back in to get close.i now need to figure out what settings are needed for it to save them in the way they are taken ect,too many buttons and settings that mean nothing to me thats the problem it has super macro too says down to 1cm. anyone live close who could show me how to work the bloody thing????

whats the model & make of it

its a fugifilm finepix 6500 fine kay

i will have a look for a pdf of the instruction manual i have a fugifilm S1000 so expect it will be simmilar to mine in how you use it , does it have a setting for flowers as thats a macro one ?

yes kay has macro and super macro

On mine if you use super macro it has to be about 8 inches away from the subject , if i take a pic with the normal macro all i do is use the zoom to go in & out then once the yellow square with the white cross in the middle is visable take the pic , if you get the red square move the camera out of the horses mouth untill you get the yellow cross, you should be half depressing the shoot button to get the focus right

get the camera now & put it on auto , then macro & try taking a pic of summat then post it on here

i cant kay as cancelled all that photobucket stuff after my recent scare! if its ok with you could i possibly give you a bell to go through it with me as it has loads of settings ect no rush either anytime will do. its pissing me off now as know the camera will do it just i dont know how to sett it,wonder why it wont save it in close up only the big picture if you get me?? maybe i need to go see a photograper to shgow m,e how nthe bloody thing works

i cant kay as cancelled all that photobucket stuff after my recent scare! if its ok with you could i possibly give you a bell to go through it with me as it has loads of settings ect no rush either anytime will do. its pissing me off now as know the camera will do it just i dont know how to sett it,wonder why it wont save it in close up only the big picture if you get me?? maybe i need to go see a photograper to shgow m,e how nthe bloody thing works

Yes thats no problem i will pm my phone number in a second :thumbs: