cannon 400/450 d ect ec t ect

can anyone help im looking for a second hand camera of the above type or something with 10mil pixels and be a ble to take very close up clear pictures!

pm me if you have anything thanks

seen a nikon d40 in cash converters but only 6 mil and worried it wont be good enough as pictures will need to be uploaded onto a website so need as much clarity ect as possible

think its the 18 to 55 lense i need too.

i am a shitt photograper but learning as use one in my work.i have a finepix 6.5 mil pix but cant get really close up shots clear as the lense thing starts at 25 i think,it may help me though if i knew what all the buttons did

cheers

Any of the cameras mentioned would be fine - it's the lens that's important. If you want to do close-ups like Byrons excellent butterfly pic, you'll need a macro lens, like the 60mm one mentioned. The 18-55 is probably the kit lens that comes with the camera, it's adequate for general photography, landscape, portraits, etc, but you'll find that it won't focus very close.

Don't be fooled into thinking that more megapixels will necessarily give you more quality... If anything, you may find there is slightly more noise in the image. If the pics are to go on a website, I presume they will not be much more than 1000px wide, so they will need to be reduced in size anyway. However, you can still lose quality and sharpness in the resize - I'd recommend sharpening the image after resizing, and using photoshop's "save for web" facility. But if you're on a tight budget, don't rule out cams like the 300D or 20D, or Nikon D70. I've seen an image from a 6mp 300D reproduced on the side of an artic trailer, and many a full page ad in magazines has been taken with the same camera :)

Any of the cameras mentioned would be fine - it's the lens that's important. If you want to do close-ups like Byrons excellent butterfly pic, you'll need a macro lens, like the 60mm one mentioned. The 18-55 is probably the kit lens that comes with the camera, it's adequate for general photography, landscape, portraits, etc, but you'll find that it won't focus very close.

Don't be fooled into thinking that more megapixels will necessarily give you more quality... If anything, you may find there is slightly more noise in the image. If the pics are to go on a website, I presume they will not be much more than 1000px wide, so they will need to be reduced in size anyway. However, you can still lose quality and sharpness in the resize - I'd recommend sharpening the image after resizing, and using photoshop's "save for web" facility. But if you're on a tight budget, don't rule out cams like the 300D or 20D, or Nikon D70. I've seen an image from a 6mp 300D reproduced on the side of an artic trailer, and many a full page ad in magazines has been taken with the same camera :)

thanks for that apart from the web pictures the main reason is to take close up shots of horses teeth!!!! ive tried with myn but cant get it to focus close up,think my camera has a macro bit or a flower sybol ect. im not vey gened up with them though as you can tell

thanks for that apart from the web pictures the main reason is to take close up shots of horses teeth!!!! ive tried with myn but cant get it to focus close up,think my camera has a macro bit or a flower sybol ect. im not vey gened up with them though as you can tell

a lot of dentists use the canon 60mm and 100mm macro lenses. ;)

so by that is the standard kit lense no good?

if not can someone explain in english what make of cameras would suit with what lens?

in local cash converters there is a

nikkon d40 with think 18/55mm lens for £230 but only 6mp

and a nikkon d60 with loads extras and extra lens for £450

not been tight but only wanted to spend maybe £350 max prefer 300

so by that is the standard kit lense no good?

if not can someone explain in english what make of cameras would suit with what lens?

in local cash converters there is a

nikkon d40 with think 18/55mm lens for £230 but only 6mp

and a nikkon d60 with loads extras and extra lens for £450

not been tight but only wanted to spend maybe £350 max prefer 300

you,ll struggle on that type of money .try and get it right first time!!!!

go for the 400d and 70/300 is.

its a good sharp lens for the price. but there about £380..

If all you want the camera for is very close up macro stuff then get one of these canon powershot A470 its a little point & shoot & i took these with the super macro setting last week , pluss its small enough to get in the horses mouth rather than a big dslr

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...howtopic=113374

mine cost £ 50 from argos

Usually a little flower symbol on the camera means it is the setting to use for macro or close up shots. Do you have instructions for the camera? if the horse is fidgety It might be an idea to set a reasonably fast shutter speed , to avoid blurred pics. Set the camera to the macro setting and you'll probably find it'll do the job - best thing is to try it and see :)

I'd think that for horse's teeth a smaller camera would be quite suitable. Certainly would be easier than waving a big camera and lens around near the horse's head, but a 70-300 lens would also do the job. You wouldn't be able to focus any closer than about 6 feet with that lens, but that may be close enough?

Kay's suggestion is a good one too - bearing in mind the job it will be doing a cheaper camera might be better! Not quite sure what your role would be for the whole horse teeth operation but I know what happens when one of my nags has her teeth done, and I wouldn't want to be in the vicinity with an expensive camera! :)

On my canon when you select the super macro setting if you half depress the shoot button another magnified box comes up within the viewfinder screen just slightly move the camera back & forth then when it looks in fouc press the button right in