but why are the eyes sore ? whats here been up to have you tryed bathing them in cold tea, keep the dog away from corn , long seedy grass, any where dusty and bath them in cold tea for a few days , atb top

but why are the eyes sore ? whats here been up to have you tryed bathing them in cold tea, keep the dog away from corn , long seedy grass, any where dusty and bath them in cold tea for a few days , atb top

Thanks for the reply. Eyes get sore when we work him, which is why we were wondering if it was some sort of allergy/pollen thing. Really bad when he gets out in the bushes. He's eleven months old, could he grow out of it?

hi mate , my wee borders does get sore eyes from bushing , was told by my vet to use infected eyes , you can get it from boots , just a couple of drops done the job and he never charged me a penny (hes a good vet he runs lurchers himself :thumbs: )

cheers Fezz

hi mate , my wee borders does get sore eyes from bushing , was told by my vet to use infected eyes , you can get it from boots , just a couple of drops done the job and he never charged me a penny (hes a good vet he runs lurchers himself :thumbs: )

cheers Fezz

Thanks mate i will give it a go

is there not an infection of the second lid? some breeds are prone to it( labs).

dont know about borders though.

Thanks for your reply .Trying him on the eye drops one of the boys suggested earlier and they seem to be helping ,his problem does seem to be with the inner lid and it really gets him down .We have done the vets twice with him no help ,really stuck as to what to try next?Does anyone know someone up in the north east to take him to?

Could it be that he's just getting bits of sand and soil etc in his eyes? Rather than an allergic reaction to something? Is he working in lots of brambles and maybe getting scratched around his eyes?

Try cod liver oil. Buy some capsules (health food shop / boots), pierce a hole in one then put a couple of drops in his eyes. We use this on our Borders when their eyes are sore after mooching about and it helps get any crap out of their eyes. Usually the next morning all the sand or soil that was iritating them is stuck on the outside of the eye.

Another one you can use is Golden eye ointment you can buy for yourselves. Will do the same I'd have thought as Optrex infected eye stuff.

Other than that don't know what to suggest.

Shell

Could it be that he's just getting bits of sand and soil etc in his eyes? Rather than an allergic reaction to something? Is he working in lots of brambles and maybe getting scratched around his eyes?

Try cod liver oil. Buy some capsules (health food shop / boots), pierce a hole in one then put a couple of drops in his eyes. We use this on our Borders when their eyes are sore after mooching about and it helps get any crap out of their eyes. Usually the next morning all the sand or soil that was iritating them is stuck on the outside of the eye.

Another one you can use is Golden eye ointment you can buy for yourselves. Will do the same I'd have thought as Optrex infected eye stuff.

Other than that don't know what to suggest.

Shell

Many thanks Shell.

We will give it a go really keen to sort him out ,he is a fantastic little fella and mad keen to get out and about and do his stuff. We have just visited your site ,your dogs are superb a real credit to you .

Many thanks Shell.

We will give it a go really keen to sort him out ,he is a fantastic little fella and mad keen to get out and about and do his stuff. We have just visited your site ,your dogs are superb a real credit to you .

Thank you !

our border is having real problems with his eyes ,sore and swollen under his lids to the point were he cant open them after a good mooch out he is just a year old and a real cracker ,any ideas ?
hi, have alook at his eye lashes, make sure he has,nt any in growing lashes, or 2 sets of lashes growing had it happen to a pup we had,
our border is having real problems with his eyes ,sore and swollen under his lids to the point were he cant open them after a good mooch out he is just a year old and a real cracker ,any ideas ?
hi, have alook at his eye lashes, make sure he has,nt any in growing lashes, or 2 sets of lashes growing had it happen to a pup we had,

Many thanks mate i will check him out .