how to get the stuberness out of my salukie/colie/whippetxbullgreyhound

Patience ;) , when really frustrated simply walk away, the dog will eventually follow, salukies and there crosses take time to mature, the 'hardline' approach will not work, it will only make the dog more 'wilful and stubborn', Im no expert but this advice came from people in the know and has helped me with my saluki x. HTH Richard

You will find that the dogs go through the stage of learning everything you throw at them, then ONE DAY it all seems to go wrong and you think, "Fck what happened there then"

Dont be disapointed, the dog is becoming more confident, stick to your normal trainning programme, dont change it, remain calm when he becomes stuborn, dont raise your voice no matter how much you want to.

It will pass, but someone has mentioned already, you need to explain what the dog is actually doing.

Sometimes IT can be the owner at fault, and im not saying you are.

Guest lurchers&terriers

LIKE ALREADY SAID MATE YOU NEED PATENTS. A DOG ALSO NEEDS CONSISTANCY, IF YOUR NOT CONSISTANT WITH YOUR COMANDS ETC A DOG LOSES RESPECT FOR YOU. WITH CONSISTANCY COMES TRUST. YOUR DOG WILL TRUST YOUR COMANDS AS LONG AS YOU DONT f**k ABOUT, FOR EXAPMLE SENDING A DOG ON TO SOMETHING THATS NOT THERE OR MAKEING A NOISE TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD WILL HAVE A DAMAGEING AFFECT ON THE WAY THE DOG LOOKS UP OIN YOU AS ITS MASTER

PS. FORGIVE ME IF MY SPELLING IS CRAP AND IF IM TALKING SHITE. THATS ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT AND IM f****d

Yes go back to basics[ easy stuff= sit+stay] If you are having prob with recall, do it on the lead. What ever you do, make sure it does it ,but only train it for 5-10 mins twice day. All young dogs are differnt with there temp's, [Dont loose your cool] with it. Just take your time, all the pups from that litter will have differnt temps, some easy to train, and some little prats. It just the luck of the draw when you pick a pup, what ever the x Fact. Most can young dogs can try it on from [8months- 18months] just give it time :victory:

I am no expert with lurchers and have never owned one, but I am with the others, its the age of the dog, everyone goes through that terrible time when the dog hits adolescence, they become a complete tw**, just stay calm, consistent and you will get there mate, Its a nuisance when training is going well and then they hit the stage where you have gone a mile backwards!

Explain your problem further mate, and there will be some better help on the whole.

Regards RS

its not the obediance training that im failing with he good on recall and sit and stay and eavon brocken to all stock were i take him when i frist taken him out he didnt seem interested in what i was showing him i.e rabbits i let him slip on a few bunnies that were squated and i litraly walked over these rabbits with him but he werent interested that was the first time 2nd time tryed him with another dog but just wanted to play for instance seemed realy keen when sliped other dog wached what was going on then when i give him a slip he tuned and whent to play whith other dog so the therd time i took him he seemed realy confidant chased about 6 that was squting got write up to them then let him go but not got any there was a few that he just stud and wached and didnt atempt to go for is this all normal for the breed like i said bfour iv never had a breed whith bull or salukie and what size do you think he will make he 25tts and he about 9 month now