Ferret with no tail

Hi all, I have a ferret kit, 1 week old that came out arse end first and got stuck, whilst the mother tried to extract the blockage, she pulled the tail off, she managed to get a better grip around its back legs ang got the kit ouyt, leaving it tail less and red sore skin.

Doers any one have seen this before and does any one work a tail-less ferret?

Pics to follow.

Thanks all

post-30866-1248539998.jpg

post-30866-1248540013.jpg

Edited by longdog13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think you should have any problem what so ever with because they dont use thier tails for anything

I don't know about that, i notice that they appear to use them for balance when using the rope ladders in their pen, also there is a bungie platform that they go on and their arse shifts like crazy.

Thank you

mine would be lost with no tail lol they use it to ballance when they are climbing and things like that lol but hey ive never saw a tail less ferret before like atb with it

Cheers fella.

I think the missis is going to take pity on it and keep him. i'm not too sure about keeping ferrets that don't work. i was thinking it might be kinder to nut him off.

mine would be lost with no tail lol they use it to ballance when they are climbing and things like that lol but hey ive never saw a tail less ferret before like atb with it

Cheers fella.

I think the missis is going to take pity on it and keep him. i'm not too sure about keeping ferrets that don't work. i was thinking it might be kinder to nut him off.

no way dude dnt nut the little guy...it will be fine and to be honest its tail wont stop it working a ferret will do whats natural to it a it doesnt have the tail from day one so it wont miss it if ya se ma point? it will be fine it will find other ways to do things and really i cant see it missing its tail as it has never had one so it no's no difference and it certainly wont stop it from working like it will do what its nature tells it to...its def a keeper if it was mine mate

I have 3 legged ferret with half a tail he does everything and more ! One of the smartest ones I've got, can open drawers, works things out for himself and has the best nature ever. He was going to get banged on the head when 1yo so I took him

give him a chance! why are people so quick to give up on an animal before its even had a chance to show what it can do, pups, young dogs ferrets etc we see it all the time, either take up some people offers and give him away or keep him and see what he can do

i'm in suffolk, also offering pet/potential working home for the lil mite

all the best lurcher lass

if you get rid i think your nuts. i suppose a ferret uses its tail for balance when jumping BUT blind and deaf guys manage without hearing or sight and can still understand everything your

talking about and manage no probs. so a ferret will manage no probs it will be a stronger ferret in ways compaired to a normal ferret ( theres no bad things meant by that icase someone jumps at me)

cheers sean