Why our boys are dying

My old fella was a para,and as he used to say to folk,'if you wern't there when the shit was flying dont make judgements'. If you've never looked down the barrel of your weapon and had to make a split second decision as to whether the bloke approaching you is friendly or enemey,dont make judgements. We fought for ourselves and our mates,for pride and integrity of our regiment,we believed in what we were doing and we gave our all,some paid the ultimate price'.

He was a skinny bloke my old fella,didnt look much,not one of these big macho fuckers. But he wiped the floor with a few who knocked what he stood for and believed in. He would say 'if you didnt do that stuff dont comment on it'. ' you dont understand it and you never will'

waht batt was he in 1, 2 or 3 para and how long ago mate?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think there was battalions back in his day,he always said it was just 'The parachute regiment'. Must be going back 50+ years now,he done most of his tours around the middle east,cyprus, jordan etc. Ive got some of his stuff stashed away,i will try to find it for dates etc.

Dont think there was battalions back in his day,he always said it was just 'The parachute regiment'. Must be going back 50+ years now,he done most of his tours around the middle east,cyprus, jordan etc. Ive got some of his stuff stashed away,i will try to find it for dates etc.
oh ok mate bit before my time lol ....

just got an email from my son. he says helecopters are an issue they seem to be relying on the american pilots a lot. because some (not all) of the british pilots are to chicken shit to help the guys on the ground.

one american pilot was called in to extract one of our guys who had his leg blown off. the british pilot wouldnt go into HLS which is an area when bullets are flying eveywhere around the landing site.

so the american pilot went in rescued the casualty took off with bullet holes in the side of the helicopter and windscreen. then opened fire killing a few taliban.. the american pilot was female.

Edited by dai dogs
just got an email from my son. he says helecopters are an issue they seem to be relying on the american pilots a lot. because some (not all) of the british pilots are to chicken shit to help the guys on the ground.

one american pilot was called in to extract one of our guys who had his leg blown off. the british pilot wouldnt go into HLS which is an area when bullets are flying eveywhere around the landing site.

so the american pilot went in rescued the casualty took off with bullet holes in the side of the helicopter and windscreen. then opened fire killing a few taliban.. the pilot was female.

lost a good mate last year in afgan ,they were doing a night attack on village with taliban, dropped blokes off on LZ (landing zone) mate took round in neck ,choppers who had just taken off wouldnt come back in for him as LZ was very alive now with rounds coming in, the lads had to get a wheelbarrow and wheel him over 1k before choppers would come back in....he died on chopper through injurys..R.I.P mark
Anyone wonder why our troops are suddenly getting hammered? Well i'll tell you. The American public are pissed because of the amount of their guys coming home in a body bag. So Gordon sacrifices our soldiers to appease the Americans. He sends our troops in without proper support and the body count mounts.

The British army have fought terrorist for the last 60 years. Here in Ireland the Brits cut their teeth. The I.R.A. respect the British. Now the Brit government are nothing but traitors. It's about time you, the british, stand up and be counted. Take back your honorable nation. As the Japanese call us 'The country of Heroes'.

REVOLT!

Stand up and be counted!

REVOLT!

This is OUR country.

The politicians work for us!

Take to the streets!

REVOLT!

Get mad!

Get even!

Get our Green and pleasent land!

REVOLT!

It,s Fools like you that get my blood boiling with stupid remarks about ireland 60 years read your history you bampot.and by the way i had three brouthers in the british army

Explain. Stupid remarks? I've lived our History on the streets of Belfast. Where you there on Bloody Friday? My DA was! He never forgot scraping peoples remains off the street! You Brits have never experienced real terror.

Sorry I forgot your Scotish.

Which one is free?

Not you scot b*****ds.

Edited by kennyboy
Anyone wonder why our troops are suddenly getting hammered? Well i'll tell you. The American public are pissed because of the amount of their guys coming home in a body bag. So Gordon sacrifices our soldiers to appease the Americans. He sends our troops in without proper support and the body count mounts.

The British army have fought terrorist for the last 60 years. Here in Ireland the Brits cut their teeth. The I.R.A. respect the British. Now the Brit government are nothing but traitors. It's about time you, the british, stand up and be counted. Take back your honorable nation. As the Japanese call us 'The country of Heroes'.

REVOLT!

Stand up and be counted!

REVOLT!

This is OUR country.

Take to the streets!

REVOLT!

Get mad!

Get even!

REVOLT!

It,s Fools like you that get my blood boiling with stupid remarks about ireland 60 years read your history you bampot.and by the way i had three brouthers in the british army

Explain. Stupid remarks? I've lived our History on the streets of Belfast. Where you there on Bloody Friday? My DA was! He never forgot scraping peoples remains off the street! You Brits have never experienced real terror.

Which one is free?

Not you scot b*****ds.

please dont come on hear with all this bitter shit....i spent 5 years on street ,country side in ireland out of my 15 years in paras....ive patroled the big so called bandit country lol and stood on the base line in drumcree ...whats happened has happened this is a hunting site so lets forget your religon shit .

REVOLT!

Stand up and be counted!

REVOLT!

This is OUR country.

Take to the streets!

REVOLT!

Get mad!

Get even!

REVOLT!

Which one is free?

Not you scot b*****ds.

please dont come on hear with all this bitter shit....i spent 5 years on street ,country side in ireland out of my 15 years in paras....ive patroled the big so called bandit country lol and stood on the base line in drumcree ...whats happened has happened this is a hunting site so lets forget your religon shit .

First af all mate .I am not a Scotish B-----d maybe Scotish,Irish B-----d As my Mother is from Wexford and i lived there for a year 74/75.So i will tell you why i said you made a stupid remark and read your history.It,s 800 years not 60.The troubles are over mate and long may it stay that way.It was bloody Sunday .If your Da seen it my heart gose out to him.No man should see his fellow country men shot down for no reason.atvb Catcher 1

Which one is free?

Not you scot b*****ds.

FFS, Give over!

Young Tim Parrys family experienced real terror when they blew up that young boy and killed him........so dont give us all that shit!

Leaving a bomb in a bin someplace to kill innocent women and children dont make any c**t a hero so lets have it right.

But, its done and we need to move on.........so leave it be.