Looking for breeder

Guest rodsmith
get a plummer,ive heard they are the best :whistling::lol:
what whr your plummers like ?

it was a joke stig.ive never had one as ive not heard much good report on them working to ground

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a new terrier.

I live in sweden and I wounder if its possible to import att terrier from UK.

I am hunting in stone and mountain terrain for fox and baggers so I looking for a terrier that has long legs, and a brain so that it dosent get stuck.

So bolting dog is the primary.

Anyone that can halp me?

[bANNED TEXT] about a jhag terrier sorry the cant spell it but it's a germam hunting terrier

Guest rodsmith

are these jagd,jiggd,jogd what ever terriers a breed of their own? ive seen a photo many years ago,looked like a lakey type to me..

why has know one got them in the UK or have they??

what do they work like??

are these jagd,jiggd,jogd what ever terriers a breed of their own? ive seen a photo many years ago,looked like a lakey type to me..

what do they work like??

Stick to your plummers. :hmm:

Edited by GD Waz
Guest rodsmith

what do they work like??

i aint got a plummer,mines black!!!!

I am hunting in stone and mountain terrain for fox and baggers so I looking for a terrier that has long legs, and a brain so that it dosent get stuck.

Anyone that can halp me?

Joking aside.

You are not going to get many badgers to bolt, although it does happen it is rare. So for the benefit of your dog, dont put your 'bolting' dog in any place you are not prepared to dig to him, & as for digging in stone,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck.

By the way, your looking for a new terrier, what did you keep before?

Edited by GD Waz
who uses fox terriers to bolt badger, I think her user name is Panna. :hmm:
:whistling::whistling:

never mind the :whistling: icon, have you seen the threads? :D Just because a certain breeds gone to shite here, don't mean it's the case all over the world! ;)

@ "the_stig" and maltenby:

I have PJRTs I work. My older one is working, the younger one (14 months old) not yet.

And no, my dogs do not bolt badgers, they bolt foxes. Little changes that makes sense. ;)

But I myself also remember a Swedish/Danish/Norge guy showing pics of working smooth Fox terriers.

ATB,

Anna

A good baying Russell would me my choice, although they are quite hard to come by. There's a member on here from somewhere on the continent, who uses fox terriers to bolt badger, I think her user name is Panna. :hmm:

I think this is the member you ment: http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...sult_type=posts

His nick is "Foxterrier".

ATB,

Anna

Guest rodsmith

Anyone that can halp me?

Joking aside.

You are not going to get many badgers to bolt, although it does happen it is rare. So for the benefit of your dog, dont put your 'bolting' dog in any place you are not prepared to dig to him, & as for digging in stone,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck.

By the way, your looking for a new terrier, what did you keep before?

a plummer?? :oops:

never mind the :whistling: icon, have you seen the threads? :D Just because a certain breeds gone to shite here, don't mean it's the case all over the world! ;)

@ "the_stig" and maltenby:

I have PJRTs I work. My older one is working, the younger one (14 months old) not yet.

And no, my dogs do not bolt badgers, they bolt foxes. Little changes that makes sense. ;)

But I myself also remember a Swedish/Danish/Norge guy showing pics of working smooth Fox terriers.

ATB,

Anna

:thumbs:

what do they work like??

i aint got a plummer,mines black!!!!

thought you had plummers n borders ..

Ofcause terriers not often bolt baggers, but a dog that primary bolt (only stay down 5-10 min) is often easy to learn to stay down when digging.

What I am looking for is terrier that is used a lot i stone and rock, here in sweden many breeders dont hunt in dens that you cant digg.

I have a shortleged JRT right now. dosent work well in stone.

Anyone that have an www for a UK bredder of working russells or lakelands or foxterrier that u know work well in stone?

Very true Maltenby, a pal of mine was in Finland last year and said they had an excellent fox terrier with them ;)