A Lot Of Lurchers Up For Sale

i think its a combination of bad owners and too many litters of average dogs bred and also the obsession of breeding show types ! a young lad - with his first lurcher - a bullx - of course - was telling me he had slipped the pup - at 9mths - on a fox - even a bullx at that age doesnt want a good battle on his hands that will put him off it forever ! At a hunt show recently i heard two rossette winners arrangeing a mating with their dogs - and i know neithor of these dogs get much graft - so heres another litter of crap on the market - ive been saying for years that showing lurchers will do the breed no good in the long term.

i agree 100% mate, look at the state of the rest of the canine populaion, with of course many thanks to the kennel club!! the joys of the show world has over bred and encouraged inter breeding for years and now it seems that as famous people adopting retired greyhounds and lurchers as a whole being increasing in popularity means that in time this breed will suffer too, though personally i already think it has

bull crosses and saluki crosses are currently the types to be in fashion at moment, we are already seeing bull crosses with poor feet when the bull terriers have sound paws, the quality of lurchers are decreasing as show type and breeding for money people get ever more involved with the breed

tis a shame as currently a major advantage to this breed besides its working abilty and companionship they are one of the most healthy breed of dogs, somehow i fear that in time this will no longer be the case!! ... pity

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where theres money to be made human nature (greed) takes over in the majority. its only the minority that keep the tradition and true breed alive. youve only got to look at the terrier world, it was not so long ago, most of the quality stuff was sold to the people with the biggest pocket full of dollars!!!!!!!!!