The most ferreters

Would you say there is a lot more rabbiters in the north than there is in the south ?

the south being london and anything south of it

Because what i see and read rabbiting does seem a lot more sought after in the north

than in the south we were born in london and have lived in east sussex ever since

childhood and i can honestly say we have always found rabbiting very easy to get hold of

so easy that we have had to turn land down coz we aint got the time to do it

Its woken me up that maybe we take it for granted down hear i really feel for anybody

who has difficulty finding permission to hunt rabbits

Is it in the north there seem to be a lot more intrest in lurchers etc

Is it in the south less people go ferreting

I would be very interested to know what ferreters north and south think the reasons for this

harder compertition in the north for rabbiting rights

Also good luck to anyone finding it difficult to find anywhere hope you get some joy soon

Its probabley got a lot to do with the shape of our industrial past like the north for its heavy industries like mining and steel as years ago it was one of the main methods of catching your dinner.The lads from east london who i have had the privelidge of being mates with for the last 30 odd years non of them were ever into ferreting all them years ago but a few of them are now maybe it were different further south i dont know.But one thing i can say for deffinate the ferretings a dam site harder work down south than it is up north.atvb