Whippet X

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldskool

its just not possible mate,

No, it IS posible :good:

oh yes its very possible :good:,, i seen it happens with pigs and i had a litter of pups, only 2 of which were the sire i wanted and the rest were mongrels

Edited by oldskool

very very unlikely that both dogs have fathered the litter so far apart.

it's more likely that most of the pups have thrown to the mum and the other to the sire.

the chances are the whippet isnt the father of any of them.

my vet told me you can get more than 2 sires to a llitter
that is possible but the dogs must mate the bitch within 24 hours or at the latest 48 hours of each other. Edited by parkstone whippets
Guest Gregg Barrow

The AKC and UKC here in the States have had allowances for “multi-sired litters†for quite some time. The KC in the UK more then likely has the same allowance.

The Germans called me Dr Frankenstein when I recommended it to the PSK. (Pinscher, Schnauzer Klub) :diablo:

A member of our Black and Tan coonhound association had a nice competition bitch that he wanted bred to separate studs but didn’t want her out of competition for two litters, so, he bred her to both studs on the same heat, DNA’d the lot and registered the pups to their respective sires.

This was 98 I believe.

Best,

Gregg

You’re more then likely going to have to go to the expense of DNA testing, for the simple fact that potential puppy owners might want to breed in the future.

My Borderx Whippet was very easy to train, fast enough but i must admit not a great worker, maybe my fault due to me being young and the dog being a slow starter. I kept her anyway and she lived till she was 15.