It's a sore subject. Sorry to hear what has happened, and it just goes to to show that working dog owners have a better understanding of canines than pet owners. Personally I can't believe the stupidity if people getting dogs they obviously have no way of controlling, smaller dogs are just the same as a bigger dog mentally, but it's worse when rotties staffs and st bernards etc are left running loose with no control, by idiots who know nothing. And we would be cruel because we hunt rabbits etc, but other dogs is ok.

On a funny note my old man had a parson type russell when i was a kid, 25 years ago and walked it over the park, he got grief off the yobs in the area, all dobermen at that time. Well one day mutley was off the lead before they came in the park, and they let the big dogs of. The russell flew in under the dobbie and lynched on. the dog was squealing and the bloke was near crying. Serves you right says my dad.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i know your angry but in your post you said you want the dogs dead...not being funny but i wouldnt say the dogs are the problem its the owner and no im not one of those people who always blames the owner you do get b*****d dogs. I just think this is the owners problem because if your dogs are aggressive they should be on the lead the dogs may of been attackd them selfs in the past or something and they cant help being let of the lead if that makes sense...jmo but the owner can only go and buy new dogs.

As for the other fella... letting your bull x of on a rotti because it attackd your other dog...you said the bloke was smerking so obiously his encouraged his dog to behave like this and sure while you was probally pissed of at the time and wantd to get your own back dont see why the rotti should suffer because of its thick little minded owner would be a better idea to follow the bloke home and catch him without the rotti and see what he has to say for him self.

Heck ive had my dogs attackd and wantd to kill the b*****d things but end of the day i wouldnt punish the dog for its owners mistakes thats all im saying. :good:

Theres a staffie wanders about here on its own a lot & on the rare occasion its owners about its off the lead and a hundred yards in front of him ,the little b*****d nails any dogs going about , it nailed my alaunt pup in january she was about 4 month old at the time made her a bit wary of other dogs she didnt know for a while shes ok now just glad it didnt meet me with one of the adults.

this has happend to me a couple of times now andits really winding me up, i had it with 2 staffs the other week managed to get my dog and picked her up and they ran off which was lucky but had another dog walk past on a lead growling and the bloke said it doesnt like other dogs but it then managed to slip off and bite my dog, managed to get hold of my dog again put her under my arm and gave the dog a big f***ing kick with my steal toe caps on then it ran off, the owner looked discustd but should have contorll of his dog, cheers karl

I fully sympathise mate, same sort of thing happened to me before, I've got a rotty and a staff that are never on leads so they can have a good run around, one day a springer came up to the staff, I didnt see what happened but all hell broke loose, i know it wasn't any of my dogs started it but they were finishing it |Ruby (the Rotty) got involved and they sorted the f**kin thing out.the Spaniel was out of control which is probably why he had a muzzle and lead on, but of course the owners completely blamed me as if it was my fault!!they didnt even help to pull away my dogs so i was struggling taking them both off

Hope your dog is ok and yourself, it's b#llocks that these people never seem to come to book. They have huge breeds of dogs that they don't control or train properly. Does anyone else think carrying a knife is a good idea sometimes :whistling: I know if it came down to it and it was my dog or their uncontrolled beast I know what I'd do.

ATB Kie

Hope your dog is ok and yourself, it's b#llocks that these people never seem to come to book. They have huge breeds of dogs that they don't control or train properly. Does anyone else think carrying a knife is a good idea sometimes :whistling: I know if it came down to it and it was my dog or their uncontrolled beast I know what I'd do.

ATB Kie

no mate,you get fecked for carrying a knife,you cant get done for wearing steelies :angel:

police came round at 4 we had a good chat about all this but he said they cannot do much about it cuz i didnt know where they lived he said it was all going to be logged and the best thing to do was to see if i can see them again maybe find a address then they could pay them a visit. i also asked him what is the law about defending yourself and dog he replyed you do what is necessary to resolve the problem then he says if a dog came at me i have and will hit it with my baton... its sad to here all the posts but this is something that is getting worse with more and more stupid people getting dogs .. thanks

police came round at 4 we had a good chat about all this but he said they cannot do much about it cuz i didnt know where they lived he said it was all going to be logged and the best thing to do was to see if i can see them again maybe find a address then they could pay them a visit. i also asked him what is the law about defending yourself and dog he replyed you do what is necessary to resolve the problem then he says if a dog came at me i have and will hit it with my baton... its sad to here all the posts but this is something that is getting worse with more and more stupid people getting dogs .. thanks

just wait til you stumble across them again and then see if the dogs can do what they were originally used for....

tie a 45 gallon drum of brandy round its neck and throw the fecker in the canal....see if it can swim across ;)

My dog was attacked by two Jack Russells when he was just a tiny young pup. The only problem my dog is now a nine stone Bullmastiff that sees

every other dog he meets as a possible aggressor so I cant let him off the lead.

In the past when I'v met with other big dogs off the lead and under no control I've just had to let him go to protect himself. And boy does he go!!

Sad part is its not the dogs fault its got an irresponsible owner.

I also tend to get a bit agro with people that think its funny their little dog trying to get at a big dog. "Isn't it funny my tiny dog with a bad attitude."

No! Be a responsible owner and correct anti social behaviour before it gets you in deeper than you can handle.

Never mind the dog; Beware of the owner!