if a dog jacks it in

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me you have sickend the dog at a young age on rabbits to near the hedge or warrens leave him while september then get him a squater well away from any cover.good luck

:clapper::hmm: Sounds about right,.....unfortunatly.... :no:

Maybe put the jukel away for a while,...hopefully he will forget the failures, and basic instinct will take over...

But,..it may need a big re-think,..from all parties,.not just the dog..... :yes:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN.... :drink:

"Give young lurchers plenty of time"

PICT0008_edited_edited-1.jpg

Sounds to me you have sickend the dog at a young age on rabbits to near the hedge or warrens leave him while september then get him a squater well away from any cover.good luck

:clapper::hmm: Sounds about right,.....unfortunatly.... :no:

Maybe put the jukel away for a while,...hopefully he will forget the failures, and basic instinct will take over...

All the best,.CHALKWARREN.... :drink:

Running a young dog on bunnies sitting a couple of yards from home , is asking to see a dog start to pull up imo.

A young dog needs success, carefully stage managed runs on sitters , and silly half grown ones , out far enough to give a dog a chance.I would put the dog away ,keep ,him fit with the bike etc ,then try him again in a couple of months.

Just my thoughts on it.

Be careful talking about hunting Irish hares on a public forum. ;)

Hold him back till September and let him watch. Keep the dog fit. Start him out on very easy runs.

The grounds very hard at the moment, not to mention the heat at night, long grass, livestock and rabbits breeding. Give the dog a break.

Guest reload

15 months old, when was the dog started? and how much has hebeen out?

Theres some good advice on here, I hope your mates takes the advice, if hes lucky his dog maybe back in the game again.

hunting rabbits n hares outa season on the lamp long grass milky doe,s stupit young and its jacking,one thing comes to mind the happy hunting ground in the sky.....ps ther goes next seasons sport,thats why thers a season to let them breed :realmad:

weard to see a dog want to kill hares but not rabbits after all theres plenty lurchers sooner chase a bunny than puss obviously easier,only one thing that it could be in my mind dispite what youve already said the dogs having to much failier with fast disapearing rabbits (rest) bring back october or better still end off early november.

Guest anonymous
you go out every nite mush ever give the dog a break? 99% some dog that

i`m telling you he wouldnt slip him unless he was close,,, :victory:

he was given 2 weeks without walking and still didnt :wallbash:

I think the problems with your mate not the dog. Sounds to me like he is putting too much work on the dog at an early age. It's easy to spoil a dog and all those folk who have their first lurcher pup and are biting at the bit to get it working, take heed.

put the dog away for a few months like other members have said,go back to basics with his training and mabe try when you do take him out agein ,take an experienced dog to run and only let the jayed dog watch,he is still a young dog so basic instinct may take over like chalky said.

jay