Carp tactics?

Going away to Devon In 3 Weeks and the Cabin we're staying In backs right onto a Lake so you can pretty much Fish from the Door! :yes:

Not sure what's In there exactly but I know It holds Carp so I thought I'd try and catch a few.

Groundbait? Ledger? Float?

Any tips?

Butch

Depends.

If it's a match carp water, then an inline method feeder on 7/8lb mono, size 16 hair rigged hook, meat or sweetcorn (out of a can). You can buy method hooklengths from any tackle dealer. They are very short, about 6cm. Use a fishmeal based groundbait and don't go too mad at first. Give the fish time to find the bait and settle before you start walloping too much bait in. Bites will be wraparounds.

If it's a specimen water then you need advice from the bivvy brigade.....

get some dog biscuits in,if its warm they,ll be on the top plenty of biscuits before you drop yours in,if you havnt got a controller float,just free line and hook a pva bag on to give you a bit of weight,jamie

I don't think It's a specimen Lake, I haven't really got much of an Idea as to what's In there..

I think I'll go for 2 Rods Ledgered and another 2 rigged up with Floats and use Sweetcorn & Luncheon Meat for Bait and keep the Groundbait In fairly small amounts but always there :yes:

What Line strength would you recommend?

Butch