I have had a suzuki lt 80 sat in the barn for some time now and never really bothered to get it fixed as not had the time or energy to be arsed to pull it out from everything that is on top of it or around it. went in there today to have a look. now i have tried to start it and all i get is a clicking from the black relay box (if any of you have one of these for your kids or what ahve you, you wil no what i mean)( solinoid). but the problem is you cant by pass it with screw drive because its a box not like other solinoinds.

now i was wondering if i replace this relay box with a new one will she start up again??? as this is what i belive is the problem because it is clicking.

regards

james

the relay will make a clicking noise. you would be better checking it with a test lamp or volt meter and check that you are getting power at the starter. there will be a constant feed at the starter and once you turn the ignition on to the start you will get another feed going to the starter on a smaller wire than the main feed. hope this helps. also might try giving it a boost of the battery as if its sat for any length of time it will have drained it

Edited by wyllie