I have never used Frontline, but hear good things about it. :thumbs:

I use this below, very strong and kills the lot, worms even... ;)

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/prod_detail.asp...earch%20results

Frank.

Frank....do you need a presciption in Eire to get stronghold ?as on the link it's got prescription only?

i've used it before off the vets here in the uk but was expensive ,although very good,ATB Roy

I'm Ireland never needed a prescription to buy from petvetcare.co.uk, frontline has never failed my two terrier's.. alot of the Hill ground i'm out on is covered with Ticks :angry:

I have never used Frontline, but hear good things about it. :thumbs:

I use this below, very strong and kills the lot, worms even... ;)

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/prod_detail.asp...earch%20results

Frank.

Frank....do you need a presciption in Eire to get stronghold ?as on the link it's got prescription only?

i've used it before off the vets here in the uk but was expensive ,although very good,ATB Roy

Hi Roy.

No, i dont have to have a prescription over here in Eire, just buy it from the local vet, or chemist that stocks animal medication but as EOD says, apparently you can get it without it.

Frank.

cheers Frank ;) yea i can get it from the vets but they charge £17 before you start as a consultation fee as they wont give stronghold out

without seeing them ,so works out expensive... :angry:

i sell all kinds of meds and frontline etc will only work if area kennel is kept totally free from fleas etc this can be a huge and costly thing to do the fleas will stop feeding on the dog and leave and as soon as they have more will infest for a short stay, some dogs seem to become prone to infestation, probably due to their body working differently alongside frontline, their are other treatments, spot on treatments which may suit the said animal better.we can only do are best but whatever, parasites are pests and very hard to eliminate.try differant remedies?

I've tried Frontline and Stronghold and they both work for about a week or two and then we're back to being tick-magnets.

Went to the vets today and nurse said there is a new product on the market,rep due in next week and she'll try to get us a sample.

Its really bad this year for ticks,the dogs get taken out twice a day to fields/forestry and I spend another bloody hour going over them and will still miss the odd tick.

you cant beat good old benzo benzacoate cheap as well we water it down 50/50 with warm water spray it on and leave it do this every 2-3 month and never get any problems in fact i can t remember the last time one of are dogs had fleas or ticks

Put vasoline on the ticks loads of it, that will suffocate them and they will drop off with in a few days without leaving any part of their body in so they wont regrow.

As for frontline. maybe ur just unlucky its meant to be the best stuff. But like you say it could be fake better letting the vets know in case they aint been done!

ATB

FM

www.petsensedirect.co.uk

very cheap and great service,ive been using them for a couple of years.Best way to remove ticks is with tick tweezers,putting vaseline on is a big no no,the tick will regurgitate its stomach contents and whatever viruse's/diseases it has into it s host.Frontline will have them off withing 24 hours,just make sure you apply it to the skin on the back of the neck,and not on the coat.All the best. :thumbs:

When I had the pup jabbed at eight weeks the vet gave me a free shot of frontline for her , used it and 8 weeks later she's got fleas and ticks so back to the vets and get more frontline for the whole pack about £70, I dosed em all that was 2 weeks ago, checked em over yesterday they have ticks again, so im going back to the vets on monday as im a bit pi**ed off, I just wondered if anyones had a similar experience with frontline or any other medication because I rekon this stuffs fake, another thing which is worrying me is my bull got a bit cut up a couple off weeks ago and I got some antibiotics from the same vets and the wounds dont seem to be clearing up
if your not happy with frontline and your paying vets prices try STRONGHOLD its about the same price and clears most problems from fleas to some types of mange.