When I had the pup jabbed at eight weeks the vet gave me a free shot of frontline for her , used it and 8 weeks later she's got fleas and ticks so back to the vets and get more frontline for the whole pack about £70, I dosed em all that was 2 weeks ago, checked em over yesterday they have ticks again, so im going back to the vets on monday as im a bit pi**ed off, I just wondered if anyones had a similar experience with frontline or any other medication because I rekon this stuffs fake, another thing which is worrying me is my bull got a bit cut up a couple off weeks ago and I got some antibiotics from the same vets and the wounds dont seem to be clearing up

I imagine you would be pretty peeed off spending that amount of money, I would be fuming :censored: . My dogs are regularly bathed in Vetzyme JDS Insecticidal Dog Shampoo, a couple of quid from a local pet shop.

My terrier had a couple of fleas on him this year and that is the first time he has ever had them, not bad considering he is coming up 9, I gave him a bath with the shampoo and they were gone.

Frontline is all we use, and its been perfect everytime. It has to go on the skin. That is the type your using isn't it. Its the best stuff we have ever found to work.

What do you mean by "dosed them" with it.

Edited by Gin

I have never had a problem with it before, but it seems strange this is the first time I have had a problem with it and you hear so many stories of fake meds for people why wouldnt they fake frontline the price it is theres got to be money in it, also where do you get it online from as the vets in question were bought out last month by another company and the prices have gone through the roof.

Go to your local CWG (central wool growers), the one near me my cousin's the manager of it and he get's me a pack of three pipette things and there's 15 ml in each, with his discount i can get it for £13. My ferret has a seriouse tick problem from when i went out feretting the other day. I haven't used the frontline yet. I used Johnsons insecticidal shampoo, and it has killed most of the ticks, there's just a few left on her. I am going to bath her again with it in a while, then they should all drop off of her. I will use Frontline next time she gets ticks, but i recomend that Johnsons insecticidal shampoo.

Go to your local CWG (central wool growers), the one near me my cousin's the manager of it and he get's me a pack of three pipette things and there's 15 ml in each, with his discount i can get it for £13. My ferret has a seriouse tick problem from when i went out feretting the other day. I haven't used the frontline yet. I used Johnsons insecticidal shampoo, and it has killed most of the ticks, there's just a few left on her. I am going to bath her again with it in a while, then they should all drop off of her. I will use Frontline next time she gets ticks, but i recomend that Johnsons insecticidal shampoo.

If you're going to use frontline on ferrets make sure you use the kitten doseage, dog stuff is far to strong......

I have never used Frontline, but hear good things about it. :thumbs:

I use this below, very strong and kills the lot, worms even... ;)

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/prod_detail.asp...earch%20results

Frank.

Frank....do you need a presciption in Eire to get stronghold ?as on the link it's got prescription only?

i've used it before off the vets here in the uk but was expensive ,although very good,ATB Roy