THL book club?

Guest dances

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a kid I used to look through Kay's or Freemans catalogues in the women's underwear section to try and look for a see through bra pic ? 

If I was arrogant enough to offer advice to anyone on here ,that would be the advice I would give ,,,read a book ,read a thousand books ! Don't lose out on the pleasure ,excitement ,emotion ,knowledge

How very gay ……

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Astanley said:

If I was arrogant enough to offer advice to anyone on here ,that would be the advice I would give ,,,read a book ,read a thousand books ! Don't lose out on the pleasure ,excitement ,emotion ,knowledge ,self awareness and satisfaction of reading a well written tome ,he discerning in your choice of book ,learn the difference betwixt run of the mill pap and prose that can make your heart soar ,lose yourself in the pages ,find out how beautiful this language is ,how great minds create works of art from words , read a book ! 

Oohhh, get Mr La de da Steven Fry…….lol 

• Haha 3

To own a 2nd hand bookshop,  imagine the country sports section ?, a place to meet the like minded on the hunt for that certain book.  Then a place of bliss on a summers evening when the  customers have left and a glass of wine awaits, a place to  reread the classics of one's youth then plan the exploits of the season  ahead. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

To own a 2nd hand bookshop,  imagine the country sports section ?, a place to meet the like minded on the hunt for that certain book.  Then a place of bliss on a summers evening when the  customers have left and a glass of wine awaits, a place to  reread the classics of one's youth then plan the exploits of the season  ahead. 

What season ?……your arse buddies will have it all banned by next year ! Lol 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, mackem said:

I can picture it now ?

“Do you have a copy of Fly Fishing by J R Hartley ?”

”Get out of my shop you disgusting old white colonialist pig, you disgust me!” 

Sounds like a winner ! Lol ? 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, mackem said:

But first the airgun and shotgun pages, I think there was a Barnet crossbow as well? And remember when you thought you could see a decent nipple or camel-toe beneath the fabric on the underwear section, teenage bliss ?

Actually your right, my first gun a webely Vulcan came from them 

• Like 1