Passed Selection a little while back, had a bit of a hiccup with my Urine samples but that's all sorted now.

Haven't had a Phone call from them recently so I'm goin' to give them a call Tomorrow to see what's happening.

My first Job choice Is Infantry, the second Is Gunner Light Gun and the Third Is Dog Handler.

I've had a think and the Dog Handler s something I'd really love to have a go at! :yes:

Can anybody shed some light on this particular Job? Is It hard to get Into?

Butch

i aint to sure on it all mate, but do have a good mate in a dog unit so will give him a bell some point for you. i'm sure though that they dont recruit a lot of them, but there is always the opertunity to transfer to them once your in.

Things i can tell you is you will goto pirbright first and do your 14 weeks basic training (with me muah hahahahahahhaha) then you will be cap badged to the vet corps from there not to sure mate. give me a few days and i'll see what i can dig up.

Good luck mate my daughter is joining next sep its something she has wanted to do since she was small and i think as much as i will miss her and she is my only girl its a good life for her and opens lots of door.I say if you want something mte grab it with both hands danny.

Mate dont go infantry,gunner light gun is the better of the two, i done 13years in The Royal Artillery :notworthy: (left at end of 2007) but however if you could do some thing that you can get a trade from go for that mate.

But if not you can still put forward once your in a Regt to do a dog handlers course, but what ever you choose all the best mate.

If you need any advice just pm am willing to help mate.

Lindsay :gunsmilie:

I think I'll have a word at the Careers office, I'm leaning towards the 'Gunner Light Gun' though.. Once I've been In there, how long 'till I could apply for the Dog Handler course?

Butch

They will get you to do all the coure for your job first mate,but if you are getting deployed to somewhere nice and sunny or bosnia? :o they might need dog handlers then? but you are quicker to go up the ranks in the Gunners I was a Sergeant after 9years, If you stick in that helps,after all promotion means more money :D:clapper:

But mate if its the dogs you really want to do then go straight for it,it might be harder to change once you are in a Regt and made a mark for yourself,what you going for Para or Commando Gunner?????

Linz

once you are in your regiment the chance of ever getting near a dog or doing a dog course will be next to zero .... you need to decide now what you want to do otherwise its going to be a long 4 years for you ............

artillery a better life than the infantry ??? you cant get any trade from either but at least in the infantry you get up close and personnal not sat 20 Ks back in the artillary post .... boring as f**k .........................