Catapults ~ How to attach the Bands?

I was thinking about pushing the Bands through a Hole In the Forks and ten pushing a tapered piece of Wood Into the end.. Not sure If It'd hold though?

Butch

I've pointed you in the right direction... Its dead simple and the most secure way...

So just lay the Bands over the Forks and then lash with Innertube?

What Length and Thickness should I cut the Innertube to?

And say I'm holding the Catapult ow you wold to fire It, should the Bands be the side of the Forks closest to me or should they come over the top of the Forks?

Butch

I am at the same stage and going to use inner tube strips to attach the rubber, but why do you attach it over the top and not though drilled hole in the Y?

It's been a long long time since i've done it but we allways cut a strip of leather from the toungue of a boot lash one strip onto the top of each fork using copper wire then cut a slot into the strip of leather and pass the band through it then double it over and secure with more copper wire.

When you hold make your hand into a sort of L shape with your trigger finger on the right fork and your thumb on the left fork (if your right handed) don't put your thumb in the middle of the fork or you will be missing a nail.

If you drill the fork you will compromise the strength of the fork (i'm assuming we are talking about an Ash fork not Ally or steel)

Good luck, Ezzy.