bew to silver

hay thair folks my silver mit ha just had a littr of 8 kits i poot my bew to her

and i wa just wondering if any one could tell me what colour i should rufly get.

thanks.

Is there something wrong with your keyboard ?

Guest fence_hopper
hay thair folks my silver mit ha just had a littr of 8 kits i poot my bew to her

and i wa just wondering if any one could tell me what colour i should rufly get.

thanks.

:clapper: lmao

thanks.

:clapper: lmao

Mines like it when its full of fag ash & crumbs :laugh::laugh:

Lol... :D:D

What do mean fella?

yea sorry lads its a pain in the ars lol

am just wondaring what sort of colours a will get as loads eh lads

round hear are wanting 1 and a dont really have any idea what thay will be like.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You really can't beat a considered breeding programme designed to enhance the genetic health of the ferrets. :wallbash:

Guest MickyB
They could be any colour , only time you can say for definate what colour you will get is albino to albino .

Not true.... ive got more polecat kits than albino from my albino to albino mating, the polecat gene is always dominant..... you can only get a better idea of what your getting if you have bred the same line for a few generations.

I thought that a BEW was a sort of form of silver and a silver to silver mating gives you kitts that are likely to have waardenburgs syndrome? Considering waardenburgs is dominant in silver (something like that correct me if im incorrect)

ATB

Jordan

Not true.... ive got more polecat kits than albino from my albino to albino mating, the polecat gene is always dominant..... you can only get a better idea of what your getting if you have bred the same line for a few generations.

If the Polecat gene is fully dominant, where did it 'hide' in the albinoxalbino cross?

This isn't a dig. I've had BIG arguments before with people who claim that the albino gene is fully recessive. The results of your crosses indicate that at the least it shows partial dominance, or (more likely) colour in ferrets is down to several genes acting together.

Guest MickyB

If the Polecat gene is fully dominant, where did it 'hide' in the albinoxalbino cross?

This isn't a dig. I've had BIG arguments before with people who claim that the albino gene is fully recessive. The results of your crosses indicate that at the least it shows partial dominance, or (more likely) colour in ferrets is down to several genes acting together.

Sorry, the polecat gene is dominant over albino gene, but can become watered down if you then breed it out by just breeding from the albino coloured ones.

For instance if you bred a pure polecat with an albino that has no recent polecat coloured ferrets in its history, most if not all kits will be polecat, but if you then breed one of the kits with another albino, you may get a couple more albino in the litter, and so on and so on, (although this is a very rough guide, and im no geneologist).

Both of my albino ferrets that were bred, both have plenty of polecat coloured in their family tree. Ive kept records of the same line for 20 years, however ive added the odd outcross so to speak, like this year i bred a sandy jill with my polecat coloured hob(whos mother was albino) and got no sandy kits, mainly polecat, and some albino...ill keep everything recorded, and it may all make more sense to me in another 20 years who knows lol :D

They could be any colour , only time you can say for definate what colour you will get is albino to albino .

I stand corrected , I always thought that if you bred polecat to polecat you could get polecat and possibly albinos

albinos and albinos you could only get albinos , and sandy and any polecat/albino and you could get any colour . something ive read in a book i think , but like i say you live and learn thanks .