dogs in or out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would use the search button, I've replied to about 3 'Dogs in or out' threads in the last month. :wallbash:

Personal preference IMO, it makes no difference whether they're in or out.

Outside everytime. Mean's they cant get spoiled and dont get titbit's. Also give's the dog's there own space.

Don't agree with that mate. :no:

I've yet to come across a working dog that's been spoilt by being kept indoors. I like the company, and I like the fact that I can constantly keep on top of my dogs discipline. Dogs thrive on knowing their place in the pack, and being constantly told what to do.

pet dog inside working dog outside

why? and why cant a working dog be a pet,imo the working dog should be treated more like a pet than a non worker,after all your working dog be it a terrier or lurcher does everything you ask of it whatever the weather and whatever the obstacles in front of it,after all that you feed it an put it outside in its kennel,yet you'll quite happily let your pet dog(that does literally feck all for you)sleep in front of the fire :huh: very strange

a working dog is a working dog not a pet when the worker has been out working you dont know what its bringing back ie fleas and what ever else and you let them in your house

my beddy cross whipet is a ferreting dog, lives inside with the family. He gets treated as part of my team & not a tool. That way i feel i get the best from him. Being with him all day ive learnt to understand his ways. If he has shut ouside i think we wouldnt be able to work so well as a team.

Andy

I've yet to come across a working dog that's been spoilt by being kept indoors. I like the company, and I like the fact that I can constantly keep on top of my dogs discipline. Dogs thrive on knowing their place in the pack, and being constantly told what to do.

I didnt ask you to agree,

Because you like the company does not mean that every working dog should be kept in door's. all mine get kept in their kennel's outside, they prefer it out to in, they all have there personal space to themself's. I think gundog's have a tendency to get spoilt much easier than normal dog's because there training is much higher than your average joe.

I only have one dog in the house and she is 9 and is retired from shooting and picking up-And totally spoiled.She has a few night's in the kennel if it is warm outside too :)

I didnt ask you to agree,

Because you like the company does not mean that every working dog should be kept in door's. all mine get kept in their kennel's outside, they prefer it out to in, they all have there personal space to themself's. I think gundog's have a tendency to get spoilt much easier than normal dog's because there training is much higher than your average joe.

I only have one dog in the house and she is 9 and is retired from shooting and picking up-And totally spoiled.She has a few night's in the kennel if it is warm outside too :)

Did I say that every working animal should be kept in doors? I've also said elsewhere on this thread that it's down to personal preference.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, wind your fecking neck in FFS.

Oh, and this thread's in the Lurcher section, not the gun dog section.