Lampin with Lil..

Got new permission this weekend and thought we'd take we'd take the dogs for a mouch on Saturday to get the lay of the land..

We seen that most of the land was sow down with corn..

So decided to try my 11 month old bitch on the lamp that night..

It was to be her first night out on her own and her first real night as i had brought her out at 9 months old wit another bitch to give her the idea..

The night started off bad as she over ran the 1st one and missed and 2nd as she failed to pick jst before it hit the ditch, but the 3rd she made no mistake, i spotted a rabbit squattin 30 yards away so i kept the beam on him n walked quietly up and told Lil to 'watch up!'.. With ears cocked she watched the spot and the rabbit took off headin for the ditch at speed with Lil in pursuit, at last second Lil turns him away from the ditch and bang, 1st solo catch under the lamp and retrieves back to hand with the bunny still kickin..

Turned out to be a good night as we bagged 8 out of 10 and i came home a happy man and Lil a happy dog..

Heres a few pics of her that day..

post-31778-1242041156.jpg

post-31778-1242041247.jpg

Canny bitch mate, what in her??

Dunno mate tbh..

I got her at 5 months old off a polish couple who lived in my area, always used to ask them about her since she was a pup n before they moved home they gave her to me.. Real happy wit her now, she's comin on well! cant wait till the winter!

Out again tonight, mite be her last night out for a few weeks as we're expecting a baby in the next week or 2 and my nights lampin may be few and far between till the winter at least..

I'll let u.s all know how we get on both fronts..

Out again tonight, mite be her last night out for a few weeks as we're expecting a baby in the next week or 2 and my nights lampin may be few and far between till the winter at least..

Nice dog,

good luck mate the moon not in our favour at the mo.

lofti.

Nice dog,

good luck mate the moon not in our favour at the mo.

lofti.

Not much no, but its windy n cloudy so it contributes a bit but jst gotta make the best of it..

Cheers tho..

Pa

Got new permission this weekend and thought we'd take we'd take the dogs for a mouch on Saturday to get the lay of the land..

We seen that most of the land was sow down with corn..

So decided to try my 11 month old bitch on the lamp that night..

It was to be her first night out on her own and her first real night as i had brought her out at 9 months old wit another bitch to give her the idea..

The night started off bad as she over ran the 1st one and missed and 2nd as she failed to pick jst before it hit the ditch, but the 3rd she made no mistake, i spotted a rabbit squattin 30 yards away so i kept the beam on him n walked quietly up and told Lil to 'watch up!'.. With ears cocked she watched the spot and the rabbit took off headin for the ditch at speed with Lil in pursuit, at last second Lil turns him away from the ditch and bang, 1st solo catch under the lamp and retrieves back to hand with the bunny still kickin..

Turned out to be a good night as we bagged 8 out of 10 and i came home a happy man and Lil a happy dog..

Heres a few pics of her that day..

good stuff. lovely dog. looks like a serious one. cant beat the wexford dogs. got one myself the other day in enniscorthy!! hopefully he will be better than the wexford hurlers anyway :clapper: all the best with her!! :thumbs:

Edited by shooter19