thinking of getting a patt

Guest bosshogg

Guest bosshogg

I want to get a PATT for a all around hunting dog will PATT do what i need done far as pull rabbit ,groundhogs,minks,coon,opp, out of the hole and jump birds and rabbit or maybe tree a Squirrel here and there are they gamey enough and have the nose power and drive ,intellengints for a all around hunting dog i need some input please this can help me choise a breed.......this buzz one of my Squirrel hunting dog :signthankspin:

I want to get a PATT for a all around hunting dog will PATT do what i need done far as pull rabbit ,groundhogs,minks,coon,opp, out of the hole and jump birds and rabbit or maybe tree a Squirrel here and there are they gamey enough and have the nose power and drive ,intellengints for a all around hunting dog i need some input please this can help me choise a breed.......this buzz one of my Squirrel hunting dog :signthankspin:

pm KYE from this site, he may be able to help, he is in the States..........

Good Luck

JOEB

Guest bosshogg

Good Luck

JOEB

thank you.. :D if i want a dog what do i have to do to get the dog to the states

Edited by bosshogg

Good Luck

JOEB

thank you.. :D if i want a dog what do i have to do to get the dog to the states

I am sure Kye can explain all that, allso, there must be fellas with good bloodlines in the states.

I think there is a few good US terrier sites on the web which may be usefull.

JOEB

try some hammond s, very game dogs

Guest bosshogg

try some hammond s, very game dogs

what about the plummer terriers

Guest whitser

get one defo, once you go black you wont go back...

Guest bosshogg

get one defo, once you go black you wont go back...

which breed is easy to train and early starting

look into a plummer, keeps would be the best person on here, to ask about them, not sure on millet, he is very anti on the plummer's.

ermmmm millet owns two plummers .......or three im not sure .........yis fellman

Theres a man in Colorado called Lou Vairo has some plummers, he imported them from legion kennels, i think he gave them away to his vet as he had to work away from home, i know he had a breeding pair & a bitch in pup so maybe they will have something to offer you..................however he also said the dogs were looney always killing things they shouldn't & attacking other dogs :( maybe a good deal of work would sort them out though as with all terriers that aren't worked fully they become bored & quarrelsome.

Patts & Fells you won't go far wrong with theres not many who don't make the grade in the right hands. Good luck in your search.

P.S To get a dog to the US you'd have to collect it or have it shipped, costs about £150 to ship with AA & pup must be 12 weeks old.

lately on here, the plummer's have been put down badly, imp you get a bad plummer,

when put in the hands of a bad owner.

i have a plummer, he doesnt kill everything in site, he doesnt go after other dogs neither.

like i say if you bring your plummer up right, you will have a good dog on your hands.