"Exploding arse method" of gutting Rabbits

Guest Magwitch

Guest Magwitch

Here we have Steve demonstrating the "Exploding arse method" of gutting rabbits in the field, we only use this method when someone leaves there knife indoors. It is a good last resort technique but should not be used by amateurs as it could have undesirable results if not carried out correctly. :thumbs:

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

Guest Magwitch
oi :angry: you said you were going to photoshop my bald spot out :laugh:

you also forgot to mention, your "popping" and spraying stubby with guts technique

Well you got in the line of fire and i aint that good with Photoshop. :laugh:

Gloves lmfao :clapper:

after gutting 37 rabbits, I dont want to drive home with hands covered in blood and smelling of rabbit shit, good on ya if you like that smell :clapper:

doesnt that smash all the ribs up ?

no mate, the rimmy does that, start squeezing just below the rib cage and keep moving your grasp backwards, takes a bit of getting used to, but first the guts pop into the leg area, then rip out the skin after a bit more pressure, its all magwitch's fault, he forgot the knife

the good thing though, I just got a tanning kit, so have plenty of un damaged skins to practise on

I like the old methord opening them up with a knife and after they are gutted i open up the rib cage to the throat and open the pelvis . then i open them up before popping them them into the ferret hutches

where you get the tanning kit from ? wouldnt mind giving that a go myself

from this place mate;

www.attacc.com

they recomended the tanning kit that goes into a solution and you "dunk" the skins in, full instructions etc, looks good, although I still need to get a large lidded container (brewing shop probably)

also got some oil which although they said wouldent be needed with the kit, supposed to make the skin/fur go super soft, and as my missus is a leatherworker, thought she may be able to make up some pellet pouches or something, came to around £35 inc post :thumbs:

I gut rabbits in the field without getting blood or smell on my hands.Simply make a cut from bottom of belly to ribcage grab hold of back legs with one hand and shoulder with other,slightly bend the rabbit and give it a little shake the guts will start to drop out.Place your knife blunt side onto stomach and draw rabbit back the stomach and guts will come out without having to touch them.this method is as quick as any other once you get the hang of it.