For All The Fighters / Martial Artists .......

Just scrolled through some footage and some of the defensive and attacking moves are very similar in style to what I have done and do now .... Like jeet kune do the emphasis is on disabling your opponent with simple effective movements but krav looks more explosive and target orientated ..........

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a cl

Nah......me either !

I'm currently studying WILF CANT DO   It's a bastardised form of Morris dancing mixed with a few battle crys brought over with the Normans   Entry to this elite secret martial art can only be ac

Posted Images

Is that the one developed by the Israeli military?

Yes it is mate but I think the origins are based in Eastern Europe somewhere ??? ... It's a very aggressive form of attack through defence rather than concentrating on attacking style with defence being secondary as in jeet kune ... Wing chun etc .........

You're slightly off the money there sockittoem, Wing Chun for the chinks is very different to wing chun for the white boys (bit like the grub), no doubt people and google will suggest different, perhaps because the discipline aint a sport and designed by females to negate being overpowered by a bigger lot....they wont show ya pure wing chun in a provincial club-house, though they'll spring directness on ya when you've proved worthy of of stepping into a darkened (total) room for a knock-up...that's the day you realise you've been swallowing plenty of shit. Do sticky hands with a jeet boy and moved your gaurd east of west and there's a stall, only a milli second but nevertheless a stall...do it in the dark with a traditionalist and they'll have your adams apple clamped in less than the milli second...Brucey baby the child opera actor did'nt invent the go with what works and did'nt fair well with sticky legs in the dark...but that's another story.

I don't know if its just me mate but whenever you write something I struggle to understand a word of what your trying to say ???????

• Like 2

I don't think they normally do any hard sparring in Krav Maga (as many of the techniques would be lethal), which would probably be it's main weakness when compared with other martial arts like boxing, Muay Thai, Jujutsu etc.

Is that the one developed by the Israeli military?

Yes it is mate but I think the origins are based in Eastern Europe somewhere ??? ... It's a very aggressive form of attack through defence rather than concentrating on attacking style with defence being secondary as in jeet kune ... Wing chun etc .........

You're slightly off the money there sockittoem, Wing Chun for the chinks is very different to wing chun for the white boys (bit like the grub), no doubt people and google will suggest different, perhaps because the discipline aint a sport and designed by females to negate being overpowered by a bigger lot....they wont show ya pure wing chun in a provincial club-house, though they'll spring directness on ya when you've proved worthy of of stepping into a darkened (total) room for a knock-up...that's the day you realise you've been swallowing plenty of shit. Do sticky hands with a jeet boy and moved your gaurd east of west and there's a stall, only a milli second but nevertheless a stall...do it in the dark with a traditionalist and they'll have your adams apple clamped in less than the milli second...Brucey baby the child opera actor did'nt invent the go with what works and did'nt fair well with sticky legs in the dark...but that's another story.

I don't know if its just me mate but whenever you write something I struggle to understand a word of what your trying to say ???????

Perhaps cause you're so made to attempt to put my words into your brain, your thinking aint got a lot to do with my opinion when you're reading it, that's why it's called my opinion....once you read it in my opinion with you're owned binned it makes perfect sense.

Blindfolded combat is by definition very direct and aggressive, cause it's not a sport the tricks to get a human being well dead have been gleaned and perfected over many yrs, Getting rid of someone very quick with target precision is not foriegn to some females, roundhouses aint for them...far too slow(hollywood).

Edited by oneredtrim

That's the point I have been making as Bruce preached the economy of motion ... Why try and kick somebody in the head when you can disable him by kicking him in the groin and when he is bent over then kick him in the head if you want to ... Krav looks very similar with fancy film moves and direct simple contact points ........

I don't think they normally do any hard sparring in Krav Maga (as many of the techniques would be lethal), which would probably be it's main weakness when compared with other martial arts like boxing, Muay Thai, Jujutsu etc.

You can pad up and train hard .........

That's the point I have been making as Bruce preached the economy of motion ... Why try and kick somebody in the head when you can disable him by kicking him in the groin and when he is bent over then kick him in the head if you want to ... Krav looks very similar with fancy film moves and direct simple contact points ........

Mr. Lee and his after-market audio add-ons did'nt invent that thinking, though undeniably he did preach it in parallel with his own pr machine. You said earlier wing chun is set-up for attack in favour of defence...a seeking hand can look flowery when not coupled with a grunt but is it flowery, is it defence or attack or both at once cause if it's both at once it may have an edge in a game of economys.

A lot of potty bastherds wrongfully pre-presume that only the thai mob harden thier legs on the stumps of trees to damage opponents kicking, the wooden dummy go's a long way back into wing chun history and perhaps because of this it is possible to smash an opponent by means of forearms only...a little paddy a long way from home broke both mine with blocks....when i was much younger (too many tadpoles in me bollox)

Ninja LARPING meets call of duty lol

I train with a couple of guys who do it,always telling me if I rear naked choked them 'on the street' they'd just rip my balls off or scoop my eyes out,load of shite,from that position I'd break their neck if their hand came near my eyes or bollocks.

looks fun though from what I've seen of it.

Sounds like they are a pair of idiots ... One way to cure that nonsense is get them in a rear choke and see what they do ........

what,let them go for my eyes then break their necks?

Tbf they have a few good nasty tricks from what I've seen,so if you've got a background in another art it would be worth doing.

Mr. Lee and his after-market audio add-ons did'nt invent that thinking, though undeniably he did preach it in parallel with his own pr machine. You said earlier wing chun is set-up for attack in favour of defence...a seeking hand can look flowery when not coupled with a grunt but is it flowery, is it defence or attack or both at once cause if it's both at once it may have an edge in a game of economys.

A lot of potty bastherds wrongfully pre-presume that only the thai mob harden thier legs on the stumps of trees to damage opponents kicking, the wooden dummy go's a long way back into wing chun history and perhaps because of this it is possible to smash an opponent by means of forearms only...a little paddy a long way from home broke both mine with blocks....when i was much younger (too many tadpoles in me bollox)

I get the impression you are not a fan of Bruce lee :laugh: .... Whether you like him or not you can't deny he had inivative thoughts that he transferred into jeet kune do ...all styles of martial arts have a basic origin and are bastardisations of that basic art that have been manipulated and re named into something new ..........

what I don't get is in cage fighting , a lot is mma , but all I see is usually a good punch that wins and a choke now and again .......personally boxing all the way

In my opinion a good boxer would not beat a good well rounded martial artist that has a few disciplines under his belt ... A boxer has his fists to use only this alone puts him at a disadvantage to a fella that has fists elbows knees feet and grapples in his arsenal ..........

• Like 3

I get the impression you are not a fan of Bruce lee :laugh: .... Whether you like him or not you can't deny he had inivative thoughts that he transferred into jeet kune do ...all styles of martial arts have a basic origin and are bastardisations of that basic art that have been manipulated and re named into something new ..........

I suppose you could say the same about Brian Plummer, lee moved out of china ('not the best at chi sao boss'), like you've already said high kicks wont work when someones got wooden arms and wooden dummy sets aint gonna sell

its all very well learning all this krav maga or ju jitsu, rear choke holds etc... but if some c*nt comes and lays you out in one right hook the what use is it :laugh:

not everyone is gonna ponce about waiting for the next karate chop :laugh:

anybody following this BKB stuff? BBAD shows etc.